Gas shocker

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into town to stock up before the next snow storm and regular gas is down to $1.99 everywhere.

We hit $1.97 in Joplin MO today, but I imagine this decrease will be short lived with the House passing the bill to remove the tax incentives and increase Royalties to the Oil Companies.

You make the Oil companies pay more in taxes and they will make us pay more at the pump, but I am sure the Government will do a better job with our money than we would ;-)

aplusmnt":2t7z3zi2 said:
We hit $1.97 in Joplin MO today, but I imagine this decrease will be short lived with the House passing the bill to remove the tax incentives and increase Royalties to the Oil Companies.

You make the Oil companies pay more in taxes and they will make us pay more at the pump, but I am sure the Government will do a better job with our money than we would ;-)

So where did $3 gasoline come from when they were NOT paying more taxes at the time? Their expense for producing gas last year was no more than it was for producing gas in 2004, nor were their taxes.

Frankie":1derwbxa said:
aplusmnt":1derwbxa said:

So where did $3 gasoline come from when they were NOT paying more taxes at the time? Their expense for producing gas last year was no more than it was for producing gas in 2004, nor were their taxes.

Lets say all these winter storms kill off 50% of all the bulls in America, do you know think there will be a spike increase in Bull Prices for that one year? It will level out by the next bull crop but for the year at hand prices would increase. Free market at work, supply and demand that is where $3.00 gas came from. You did hear about that big storm they had? If not Google Katrina ;-)

If you think the cost of business last year was not more than in 2004 for the oil companies you are crazy, they are still paying to rebuild from what they lost during Katrina.

Plus the question at hand is not the past but the future, how will taxing a company more help to lower prices to the consumer? That is what the House is trying to tell us. Just a smoke screen for them to get more money to control! I am sure they will throw it into Welfare or something to look like they are taking from the rich and giving to the poor. :roll:

We are getting ripped at the marina on off road diesel 2.45 a gallon, the high this summer was 2.95. Think about burning 400 to 500 gallons of fuel a day on a 12 hour long range trip.

I want to know why I am still paying $2.59? And it is real easy to find a station that is still over $2.70.

aplusmnt":1vfebrk0 said:
Lets say all these winter storms kill off 50% of all the bulls in America, do you know think there will be a spike increase in Bull Prices for that one year? It will level out by the next bull crop but for the year at hand prices would increase. Free market at work, supply and demand that is where $3.00 gas came from. You did hear about that big storm they had? If not Google Katrina ;-)

If you think the cost of business last year was not more than in 2004 for the oil companies you are crazy, they are still paying to rebuild from what they lost during Katrina.

Plus the question at hand is not the past but the future, how will taxing a company more help to lower prices to the consumer? That is what the House is trying to tell us. Just a smoke screen for them to get more money to control! I am sure they will throw it into Welfare or something to look like they are taking from the rich and giving to the poor. :roll:

The supply of oil and gasoline has never been stopped or even endangered. Don't try to pretend it's the same as your dead bull scenero. Katrina caused a bump in gasoline prices that should have lasted about a month. But prices were already at almost record levels when it hit. They reported record PROFITS last year. The head of EXXON retired with a bonus bigger than the gross domestic product of some countries! Gasoline prices here have been more than double what we were paying in 1999. We were paying $1.09. We've been up to $3.19 in the last couple of years.

No, I don't think the cost of business for them was higher last year than 2004, except for the cost of fuel. Show me something that says different. THEY MADE RECORD PROFITS! It came out of my pocket, your pocket and the general economy of the United States.

The tax being talked about should have been charged since 1999. But there was a mistake made in writing the bill. We've known about it for years, but the Congress and Administration wouldn't correct it and allowed the oil companies a free ride. Now Congress is looking at correcting the MISTAKE made back then. The oil companies should have been paying this tax all along.

I hope and believe if they raise gas prices dramatically, Congress will ask for some explanation. I remember when we had a "windfall" profit tax on huge oil company profits. The oil companies probably do too, and don't want to go through that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts