Gas prices

Help Support CattleToday:

$2.32 this morning here in N.E. Oklahoma
If it gets back to $1.50, I am going to fill up one of my holding tanks... :nod:

I kinda wonder how some of the little guys are making it though... if they are buying it last week for a higher price then how can they sell it for lower this week?????

We are stuck in the 2.90 range. I'm hoping for a breakout to the downside.
The diesel pickup truck is a relatively recent phenomenon. Could that be the reason (increased demand) that diesel is staying up there? I don't know. Just wondering. And feeling good about my gas V-10. The MPG's suck, but the power is instant and abundant.

Just paid $2.89 for diesel at the Kroger pumps. Regular gas was $1.92. That was with your Kroger card. The Kroger pumps and the Wal Mart pumps up the street are having a little gas war. May it continue!!

Of course the big difference in gas and diesel is still perplexing, but I'll take what I can get!

Paid $2.26 today, again in Lawton, America. It's $2.39 here at home, but I waited to fill up over there because it's usually cheaper. That's about $1 higher than it was in October-November of 2000. That's pretty reasonable, I guess, a $1 price increase in eight years. :???:

Paid 3.69 for diesel today and the next store down the road after I filled up it was 3.41 :roll: :roll: :roll: Go figure!

Thats almost $8. Hardly noticeable in these days, especially when it takes almost $100.00 to fill up. When it was $1.00 maybe it was more noticeable.

When oil was last at $70 barrel, gasoline was around $1.89 so I'm wondering why it isn't dropping faster? Oil companies price gouging and hoping we won't remember how much it used to be????

Got gas this past tuesday at Rhodes 101 in Biehle, MO and it was $2.59 gallon and I don't remember was diesel was.

I just checked oil prices and it's down to $63 a barrel. Also just saw where OPEC was cutting production again to help keep prices up. I despise OPEC and sure wish we could get our own oil sources and tell them to go screw themselves.

tncattle":2tgs7jsr said:
I just checked oil prices and it's down to $63 a barrel. Also just saw where OPEC was cutting production again to help keep prices up. I despise OPEC and sure wish we could get our own oil sources and tell them to go screw themselves.

The US currently exports 1.8 million barrels of oil a day. What we need are more fuel efficient and alternative fuel cars and trucks.

We export oil to countries that don't have the refining restrictions we do. NIMBY. We buy more oil from the global market than we export.

Frankie":1buik9l0 said:
tncattle":1buik9l0 said:

The US currently exports 1.8 million barrels of oil a day. What we need are more fuel efficient and alternative fuel cars and trucks.

What we need to do is trade grain for oil becase everbody needs to eat..Also I just recently saw where we sold IRAN several million bu. of wheat for gods sake!!!!!! sorry but what were we thinking ? they only came to the U.S. because noboby else had it or would sell it to them.I say let them eat sand :banana:

perda04":3luu07d7 said:
We export oil to countries that don't have the refining restrictions we do. NIMBY. We buy more oil from the global market than we export.

Yep...get you a tank of that Pemex crap next time in Mexico..you'll be lucky if you make it back on "one motor". So it doesn't take much to satisfy some places...also countries needing product don't require the low sulfur diesel. Heard on the radio today that in Burleson(just south of Ft. Worth) several stations were having a gas war and were well below $2.00 for regular unleaded.

2.03 at HEB in Cleburne adn 2.04 at Wallie World. I sat in line to get it, too. Filled up the Crossfire for 21.00. It was 48 during the summer.

Latest posts