FYI

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
If you move your dogs to town and birds roost in the trees above the kennels and crap all over EVERYTHING and you decide to get a flashlight and 20ga shotgun and fix the problem.
The police will show up at your house in formation taking cover around the house while one officer rings the door bell.
When you open the door you will see no one, but when you step out to see who rang the bell the said officer will magically appear directly beside you with his hand resting on his police issued weapon.
It's rather unnerving watching several armed policemen coming out of concealment around your home as in an none too friendly tone it is explained the the discharge of firearms in the city limits is illegal and will not be tolerated.
I don't recommend the experience.

Dang, they mean business. Thankfully you had the forethought not to charge them head on.

Yeah someone had to call the police, they didn't just hear the shots and stop by
Now I'll have figure out a quieter way to keep the birds from roosting and crapping on every thing

alisonb":1dzubtlz said:
What kind of crapping birds would they be?

If I had to guess it was grackles. They go out and forage each day and return to the roast at night. Could be thousands of them. Find someone that is a falconer and invite him over at dusk and let him work is hawk. One or two times and the grackles will move.

hurleyjd":2wb2l9in said:
alisonb":2wb2l9in said:

If I had to guess it was grackles. They go out and forage each day and return to the roast at night. Could be thousands of them. Find someone that is a falconer and invite him over at dusk and let him work is hawk. One or two times and the grackles will move.

or put an owl replica on the ridgeline of your house........it won't really scare the birds much but it will give them something else to shyt on.

I think I'd devise an oxy acetylene balloon in their roost.. again, not quiet, but I'm sure you'd get a bunch.

If you can't discharge firearms, get a good air rifle.. I've seen some that get some impressive FPS.. a good scope and you're set, and they're not loud enough to bother anyone.

3waycross":26m3wuup said:
hurleyjd":26m3wuup said:
alisonb":26m3wuup said:

or put an owl replica on the ridgeline of your house........it won't really scare the birds much but it will give them something else to shyt on.

http://www.hawkeye.ca/pest-bird-grackel

Bigfoot":2ktjkx9d said:
Dang, they mean business. Thankfully you had the forethought not to charge them head on.

Or jump in the officer's vehicle and try and take his gun while yelling "I nose my rights you MF".

I'm blessed to live where I live because had I done that most would come out to see if I needed any help cleaning whatever I shot.

At least you got a few birds shot first. All I did was walk out of the house with a shotgun.
It doesn't seem to matter how legal what I did was but when you leave the house at 2 AM with a shotgun to pop a few dove after work you're in for a long day if there's a cop right in front of your house doing paperwork. Adrinalin sure gets them out of that car fast.
Six months of living in town was about five and three quarters of a month to long for me.

the first thing city folks do here,when they move to the country..start shooting guns..which is worse then what you did.. Least you and I know what direction to shoot..

Latest posts