Future Herdsire

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
This guy is in the running for future herdsire. I love his mama, this is her 5th calf, and we have kept every one of her previous 4. So we will see how he performs, hopefully he works out. He is purebred Shorthorn, Born March 15/08, BW 87 lbs.

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02440.jpg

Oh, I know he has a long way to go. But he does have the cow and sire behind him, so far so good. At least his mama had a bull this year, which is what I wanted. We had one other cow (a Hereford) that I was hoping for a bull out of, but she had a heifer.

thats a heck of a nice bull calf.i love the way he is colored up.he looks like a herd bull to me.

baxter78":1adrddjq said:
As a breeder of shorthorns I must say that that is a pretty fair calf. He is leggy for sure. Are your shorthorns TH and PHA free?

Thank you. Well, his sire was, but I never ever thought about his dam. She is a purebred, commercial cow, no papers on her. I presume she is, but she has never been tested. Just not something I had ever considered before!! We run a commercial herd, with a few purebreds thrown in here and there. Most of them are not papered.

Latest posts