A few future bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I enjoy looking at the calves as they develop, this is a few of the bull calves weaned early June.

G64 is Sinclair Queen Mother 6R109 x SAV Reign 6845 he is going to be really deep with plenty of muscle big SC. Reg# 19779744 his mamma died this year so the last from this old cow. She was a 707 daughter and a mighty good one.

This is G63 a SAV Blackbird 9057 x SAV Raindance 6848 Reg# 19779743 he may be in with a group of heifers next breeding season.

URL=https://s831.photobucket.com/user/gizmom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB959916-7F24-4093-9CD2-C930E89629F3_zpsat6keb4w.jpeg.html]
FB959916-7F24-4093-9CD2-C930E89629F3_zpsat6keb4w.jpeg
[/URL]

G9 pretty excited about this calf he is a Gizmo Recharge D26 811 3436 x Gizmo Pride 1226 o709 904 Reg# 19780616 the sire of this calf is out of a pathfinder cow his grandmother also made pathfinder and she is out of a cow that we flushed at the age of 13 and she produced 32 embryos. A very fertile cow family. His dam 1226 is another cow that has achieved pathfinder status in our herd.

G5 an SAV Rainfall 6846 x Giz Blackcap May E10 0524 CH Reg# 19779741. I can't help but be excited about this calf his dam is a Charlo out of our 0524 donor cow. The first flush to Charlo produced 7 bulls and one heifer so this is the first calf out of that heifer.

Gizmom

As always, very impressed with the young bull you produce! Bone, width, mass, correct structure... What more can one ask for!

Thanks for the nice comments, they still have some hurdles to get past to make the bull sale pen but they are sure developing nicely at this point. I owe the SC measurement to a commercial customer about 20 years ago. He told the boss and I that he really liked our bulls but they didn't have enough SC to suit him. That was right about the time everyone was using Percision 1680 and he was on my list to purchase. Percision didn't have a real positive SC so I passed and selected a bull to use that year that had a big SC I think it was New Day or 004. That customer sure saved our bacon since we never used Percision we dodged a bunch of the genetic defects that came along with him, not to mention it open our eyes to the importance of SC measurement. The smallest SC on this group of calves at weaning was 22 with the largest at 33 all of them have ample for their age. You have to remember we also live in Florida so in this heat they tend to let things hang pretty loose so look larger because of that lol. It is brutally hot here and humid right now. For those that live in the south I don't need to explain but those of you that haven't experienced an August in Florida its like the beauty of Montana words just can't describe it.

gizmom

We worked the bulls this week had a couple that had to be culled one for SC which was a big surprise because they all were really good at weaning measured him three times but he was 28.5 every time. He earned himself a place in the family freezer. The other calf got pneumonia he is improving but we won't sell one that has had a bad case of pneumonia in case of lung damage so I guess he gets to keep 28.5 company in the freezer. The G9 bull is sure growing out nicely he had an adjusted yearling weight of 1137 the G63 bull that I really like a bunch has an adjusted yearling weight of 1166 so both performing really well.

Good looking bulls! Looks like you used both Raindance and Rainfall. What did you think of them and which one did you like best?
Verdict is still out on which one I like the most. We just worked the yearling bulls we had 1 of each the Raindance out performed the Rainfall by 200 pounds. But in all fairness the Rainfall was out of a 1st calf heifer and the Raindance out of a donor cow. We are planning to work heifers next week we have 5 rainfalls and 2 Raindance in that group so will see how the performance is. All of the Raindance are ET calves and face it we wouldn't be flushing the cow if she didn't perform. Rainfall has better carcass numbers for sure.

Latest posts