fur to much!?!?!?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think maybe as a child I would have filled by bedroom with as many cats and dogs if it weren't for the interference of my parents. :lol:
An adult keeping that many animals has a problem with hording and needs serious psychiatric help, as cats especially are very territorial and do not like to be crowded or share their space. The person may think that they are doing the animals a favor by providing them a home but in fact are harming them.

I do have one cat and much to my husbands dismay rules the house .He (the cat) gets to sleep in the bedroom however he has his own bed and usualy sleeps their but it is an odd feeling to be awoken by someone staring at you and to realize it is your cat sitting on your chest licking your cheek to wake you up. :???: I'll never get used to that.

People choose to get offended. If you don't like it cry by your computer.

Walt

Txwalt":1mrmye8k said:
People choose to get offended. If you don't like it cry by your computer.

Walt

For the most part, I agree with you 100% - the exception being when people start talking about feeding animals antifreeze to control their numbers, and putting them in with feral hogs. That goes beyond offense, and is flat out animal cruelty in my honest opinion. Your cat population has taken off like a rocket? Fine - shoot them, but don't sentence them to a slow and horrible death through antifreeze poisoning. No one on here would do that to any other animal on their farm, so why are cats any exception? Likewise, don't condemn them to being torn apart for your 'enjoyment'. I fully realize that feral cats can become a problem, and I certainly don't have a problem with someone controlling their numbers by shooting them - it's the other means I take offense to. My .02 - asked for or not.

I adopted 2 cats from the pound.I have 3 cats that live inside,all spayed..Many studys say anyone who hurts animals for enjoyment is only one step away from being a child molester/abuser. To my mind,that includes the manly sport of dogfighting,and rooster fights.. If the PETA people really cared for animals,they would take those "sports" on... However,I realise most of you would NOT really harm an animal,you just like to pass the time with a little "ciber-bullying"..So have fun~~But remember,you're showing what you really are..

peg4x4":3555a7o6 said:
I adopted 2 cats from the pound.I have 3 cats that live inside,all spayed..Many studys say anyone who hurts animals for enjoyment is only one step away from being a child molester/abuser. To my mind,that includes the manly sport of dogfighting,and rooster fights.. If the PETA people really cared for animals,they would take those "sports" on... However,I realise most of you would NOT really harm an animal,you just like to pass the time with a little "ciber-bullying"..So have fun~~But remember,you're showing what you really are..

:clap: :clap: well said peg

chrisy":1a6q6jug said:
peg4x4":1a6q6jug said:

:clap: :clap: well said peg

I second that!

Alice

peg4x4":hoc1ogqq said:

Ok, ok you struck a nerve there. I cant believe you would even halfway incenuate that. Maybe my cat jokes were tasteless, but to compare someone you dont even know to those kinds of monsters ?

Cow_Town":289l39py said:
peg4x4":289l39py said:

Ok, ok you struck a nerve there. I cant believe you would even halfway incenuate that. Maybe my cat jokes were tasteless, but to compare someone you dont even know to those kinds of monsters ?

I didn't take it that way at all. I believe the point she was making had to do with with having fun at someone elses' expense...continuing to jab at someone's elses' discomfort for the sake of having a good time. Cyber bullying...

Alice

Yep,think of what you say~ Besides,I've had toooo much experence with "What,can't you take a joke" It's usually very poorly hidden agression, directed at perceived weaker beings..

I know you can love your pets but to collect them is another story. I don't think cruelty is the way to go but inside a travel trailer is not either! Time to find good homes and stick to one or two. That or barn cats.

mauzergurl":38oay415 said:
I know you can love your pets but to collect them is another story. I don't think cruelty is the way to go but inside a travel trailer is not either! Time to find good homes and stick to one or two. That or barn cats.

I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense could argue with that. :)

Alice

the werst of all is........most of those people don't even think their homes are that filthy.

Just think of all the litter boxes...........grose!

I got bumped off yesterday before I could make my final point:
There are many children lurking on these boards who look up to cowboys,ranchers and horsemen as some of the last good ,"real" men. Now youall are telling them that "real men" think up new and more inventive ways to maim and kill a cat..... Something to think about there,don't you agree? Is that the example you want to set?

peg4x4":1vwmpmcn said:
There are many children lurking on these boards who look up to cowboys,ranchers and horsemen as some of the last good ,"real" men. Now youall are telling them that "real men" think up new and more inventive ways to maim and kill a cat..... Something to think about there,don't you agree? Is that the example you want to set?

Of course thats not the example I want to set. I might be a crude guy at times, but I can at least come out and apologize when need be and refrain from such talk in the future. You make it sound like its my passtime to torture cats, over something I said and havent actually done. Its just as cruel to keep animals in an overcrowded and unclean environment, which the original picture indicates. A haven for filth and disease if I ever saw one.

Cow_Town":2slhtmrk said:
peg4x4":2slhtmrk said:

Of course thats not the example I want to set. I might be a crude guy at times, but I can at least come out and apologize when need be and refrain from such talk in the future. You make it sound like its my passtime to torture cats, over something I said and havent actually done. Its just as cruel to keep animals in an overcrowded and unclean environment, which the original picture indicates. A haven for filth and disease if I ever saw one.

Its just as cruel to keep animals in an overcrowded and unclean environment, which the original picture indicates. A haven for filth and disease if I ever saw one.

That's right, it is. When I was working with section 8 rental assistance, I came upon a situation like this. I couldn't walk thru the house on inspection because of the fleas...

Another incident...my father and aunt went to check on an elderly lady that had taken care of my mother after her stroke. She was one that fed stray dogs along the highway and had taken those she could catch home. When they found her, she was in bed, naked, covered with fleas and ticks. An ambulance was called...and she almost didn't make it.

Her son was an investment banker...her granddaughter an attorney. At one time, she was a school teacher. She had told her son to stay out of her business, and he wasn't able to get back into her business until she wound up in the hospital after Daddy and my aunt found her.

Her son bought her a nice home in town, took away her old pickup that she used to feed her cattle on her lease, sold her cattle and thought everything was fine. It wasn't.

People that do this have a mental illness.

Alice

Yes"collecting" is a disease..Read somewhere that most animal collecters were abused as children~Don't know if thats true,something I read.. The "Thing" collector can see usefulness in everything,so cannot throw anything away,'cause they might need it later..

Thanks Cow_Town ~ I think we all need to remember that not only the person you think you're writing to sees your commet,many other unintended persons will see it also..

It be a bit frightenin ta me that someone would be havin that many animals of any kind in they house :shock: . I'd never be acceptin a dinner invitation in those conditions. Ta each their own way, though.

You have to wonder how many cat littler boxes are in the house?

I have many more farm cats than this small number, but they stay outside.

GMN =^. . ^=

Latest posts