Frozen Hose

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows":111pmz8n said:
The forced air deal sounds smart but our air compressor lives a long way away from the water hose.

Get one of the old propane tanks. One of the ones no one will refill. Make an air tank out of it. Close the valve and it will be full of air next year. They make awesome air tanks.

dun":2anhnhp3 said:
Bigfoot":2anhnhp3 said:
I figured they were a gimmick. Might have to get one now.
One of them during the unfreezing days I leave hooked up with the hydraunt on and connected to the valve in the tank. Surprised but it's still holding up great.
We've tried 3 different kind and they all work well as long as you don't restrict the water flow. Put a nozzle on them and they seem to blow out in no time. Maybe the 4th time would be the charm.

I found one draw back to the pocket hose. If you leave it where a calf can get to it they will chew on it till the inside collapses and water can;t get through it.

dun":2giltvsa said:
I found one draw back to the pocket hose. If you leave it where a calf can get to it they will chew on it till the inside collapses and water can;t get through it.

Calves will eat anything. I've had them eat through a battery cable on my cab tractor.

Rafter S":3l89wyza said:
dun":3l89wyza said:

Calves will eat anything. I've had them eat through a battery cable on my cab tractor.
The worst part is it doesn;t show from the outside that it's collapsed. But the wtaer stopped and I couldn;t get anything through the hose from the other end so I poked it with my knife and water squirted everywhere.

This darn post forced me to go buy one. I confess, im impressed thus far. Thanks to all

Latest posts