Frosty Berseem

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
Planted wheat on broadcast Frosty berseem clover Friday, got 1 3/4" over the weekend. I was hoping to have this done 3 weeks ago, but the beans were extra slow in turning this year. 4-16 plant date and 3.6 maturity, should've been off long ago, but that's the way it goes.

As with everything else, we here in Southern Illinois are right on the line between north and south, culturally and otherwise. Frosty is safe to plant in the southern region in Sept.-Oct., August or spring in the north. Lets hope the wind is out of the south for a couple more months.

Interested if anyone else has ever used Frosty, it sounds like it has a lot of good things going for it, non-bloating being a big one.

Last edited:
41BFE1CD-865B-445C-86A6-B6ADA0C260CC.png
See that little point in white? That's exactly where we're at. Seems like every planting map I look at has us in the transition zone.

857B8C31-1689-491A-8994-7845F073854F.jpeg
@sstterry erry I believe we were talking about this in another thread. The wheat is now over boot top tall. FB clover is around 4-6" less. Got a fantastic stand in spots and others poor. I'll try it again early fall seeded.

Last edited:
@Banjo Seen you on this subject on another older thread. @Nesikep too. Was wondering how your experience went, if you ever planted any.
I havent but i did try some Fixation Balansa clover and it was a pure failure...might work fine in worked up ground but not in a perinnial pasture.

I haven't tried it..I would be using it in worked up ground, can't remember, I tihnk it might not like my slightly alkaline pH though

Latest posts