Freinds and Neighbors

Help Support CattleToday:

Shanghai

Reaction score
Some scary stuff happening and it can happen anywhere not just to "someone else"

In response to this escalation, Governor Nixon has ordered the National Guard to Ferguson to suppress this rebellion in the small town, which may lead to an even greater amount of human rights abuses and violations of the 1st amendment

According to journalists' firsthand accounts found in the live streaming video from Tim Pool of Vice News police or National Guard troops are now sweeping houses door to door in Ferguson, MO.

The "the door to door sweeping" IMO is illegal

The Fourth Amendment originally enforced the notion that "each man's home is his castle", secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of property by the government. It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance, as well as being central to many other criminal law topics and to privacy law.

Shanghai":2mgm04rt said:
The "the door to door sweeping" IMO is illegal

The Fourth Amendment originally enforced the notion that "each man's home is his castle", secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of property by the government. It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance, as well as being central to many other criminal law topics and to privacy law.

How do you know they are not giving "consent"?? Are you embedded with them and hear what's being said?? Just curious. BTW the guard is leaving according to the news.

It's all just another case of the media sensationalizing a story and spinning it for ratings. Think about it. What if the news had never gotten involved. People underestimate the capabilities of the media.

I usually wonder what they're not wanting to cover instead.... the world is burning, people are being killed by the dozens in most cities and not a peep, killed by hundreds and thousands else where and it gets a little mention.

They took the word of a self admitted criminal, ran with it, and didn't do much of what they were created to do- investigate. He!!, they even come out and tell you they're telling this person's story.... what happened to investigative journalism?

Hook":w32jxlvb said:
It's all just another case of the media sensationalizing a story and spinning it for ratings. Think about it. What if the news had never gotten involved. People underestimate the capabilities of the media.
If those idiots knew the media wasn't coming they wouldn't even be on the streets. A shame they won't spend that much time and energy hunting a job and keeping it when they find it.

Commercialfarmer":1h9iv1ax said:
skyhightree1":1h9iv1ax said:
Haven't watched tv in a few days.. Did they arrest the police officer ?

Multiple people coroborated his story, and the thief started changing his.

Senseless to not have videos on every cruiser
Absolutely....as well as on every policeman. A story in pictures is much better than 2nd or 3rd hand info.

As I understand it, the prosecuting district attorney has sent the shooting case to the grand jury.
This, is a good thing.
It removes any possibility of allegations that there is/was a "whitewash" or sweeping the shooting under the rug. I'm very much in favor of all lethal force cases, (even if it is a property owner in a Castle Doctrine state, like Texas) going before the GJ instead of being investigated and ruled upon by a DA or internal panel. Yes, I include myself in that.
Justice should be afforded equally for all--that is what the US Constitution says.

TennesseeTuxedo":21y0ikag said:
And yet most of the arrests have involved people who do not even live in the community to begin with.
Ferguson is a suburb of the City of Saint Louis, which is in St Louis County Mo. As of yesterday, 155 people have been arrested. 4 out of 5 were from Mo, almost all from St Louis. Here's how the arrests break down-- (you may have to zoom OUT to see the whole image)
Where the arrests took place:
map-mo-key-new2.png

Where they come from:
Of the 155 people arrested, 123 live in Missouri. The remaining 32 people live outside of Missouri. Here are all the locations:

key-percentlive-new.png

On a nationwide map, here's the home of record of each of the 155 arrested, including burglars, "thugs", protesters, journalists and politicians:
map-us.png

Of the 155 arrested,
20 arrested for Burglary.
6 arrested for assault or unlawful use of a weapon.
124 arrested for refusing to disperse.
2 arrested for trespassing.
3 arrested for interfering with police officer or disturbing the peace.

TexasBred":3566lmoq said:
Commercialfarmer":3566lmoq said:
skyhightree1":3566lmoq said:
Haven't watched tv in a few days.. Did they arrest the police officer ?

Multiple people coroborated his story, and the thief started changing his.

Senseless to not have videos on every cruiser
Absolutely....as well as on every policeman. A story in pictures is much better than 2nd or 3rd hand info.

One thing people are starting to talk about is PT (physical training) testing and mandatory martial arts training of police officers. That public servant should have whipped and flipped Michael Brown to the ground before he knew what hit him. We are talking about a bully, not a special forces commando. Like Russell Honore said yesterday, a lot of our public servants look like they have trouble walking fast and that is why they are pointing guns. The only reason you point a weapon is to fire it.

:shock: we had training on self defense which included pressure points etc. I thought every department trained it. Now I have seen police that remind me of a Japanese sumo wrestler and think to myself who are they going to run down lol the absolute bezt non lethal tool in an officers belt is an taser I think every dept should carry them.

Latest posts