Freeze Branding Iron(s) Question

Help Support CattleToday:

MCRLLC

Reaction score
We recently got our official hot iron/freeze brand application approval, "MCR", and I was initially going to order individual letters, M-C-R, to do the brand, but I had a guy talk to me yesterday about ordering a single brand head with "MCR".

My question and concern is will the solid backing of the brand compromise the readability of my letters?

I was told by a hot iron guy to never use those kinds of brands because heat from the back can blotch your brand, but will it do the same with freeze branding? Thank you in advance.

If you have L and H make your brand, it will be right. A hot iron that the heat can't escape from will blur, for lack of a better word. I know, because I made mine my own, and it did.

Bigfoot":1hiw9zqs said:
If you have L and H make your brand, it will be right. A hot iron that the heat can't escape from will blur, for lack of a better word. I know, because I made mine my own, and it did.
+1 for L&H!! I just received a couple of new irons from them last week. I currently use the Stainless Steel irons because I can use either heat or freeze with the same iron.

Agree L&H. Depending on how many your doing, you may want to look at individual letters, I use 4'' and if there were 3 tied together it could make it hard to keep on there with the little rocking action, and depending on where, bones and things could make it tougher to get good placement. A buddy has 2 C's together and with just 2 its tougher, and the cost was about 3 times the single letter.