Freeze miser experience?

Help Support CattleToday:

They work, but in real cold weather it will drip a TON of water to keep from freezing. I ended up with an Olympic size ice skating rink around my water trough from all the overflow.

If I wanted to use one all winter I would need to figure out a way to pipe off the overflow someplace that would be out of the way and wouldn't just freeze up.

Anyone using these?
Yes someone just mentioned these in another thread. We use them... they start dripping a few degrees before freezing the colder it gets the more they drip.
I believe I have eight of them installed. They do cause a lot of ice to accumulate underneath the faucet we just throw protein tubs under them

Yes someone just mentioned these in another thread. We use them... they start dripping a few degrees before freezing the colder it gets the more they drip.
I believe I have eight of them installed. They do cause a lot of ice to accumulate underneath the faucet we just throw protein tubs under them
I found it. Used the search option before I made this post but it didn't pop up for some reason. Think I'll buy a couple.

I have used them in 3-4 places for a few years. I like them, they do what they are supposed to, however... do not let them freeze with water in them but no running water (like anything else i suppose). I've broken a couple by turning off the water source for one reason or another and the freeze miser still had water inside it when it froze again. I think they do have 1 year replacement warranty.

Latest posts