Free range, Organic.

Help Support CattleToday:

Next they will bring wolves to control them for you. They will be fun for you to deal with. An interesting statement I read recently said that there are now more elk in Kentucky than in Yellowstone. I don't know if that is true but I do know that since they brought in the wolves there are a whole lot less elk and deer.

Dave":2hq4kt64 said:
Next they will bring wolves to control them for you. They will be fun for you to deal with. An interesting statement I read recently said that there are now more elk in Kentucky than in Yellowstone. I don't know if that is true but I do know that since they brought in the wolves there are a whole lot less elk and deer.
I wouldn't be surprised. Missouri has traded Arkansas wild turkeys for rattlesnakes before. I'm sure they can find us some wolves somewhere.

denvermartinfarms":30eqcr3w said:
CaddoFarms":30eqcr3w said:
Thats cool to see. Didnt know you guys had them....i have a farm in far south MO and they are supposedly raising them on a ranch to eventually re-introduce into the wild eventually. I havent heard much about the program recently but always thought it would be cool to see one one day.
What part of far south MO are you in? We might be neighbors. The elk are carter county, defiantly seems like the best area in the state for them, but I still think we were getting along fine without them.

Hi Denver, my farm there is in Mountain View, right on the Jacks Fork River. Closest bigger town is west plains about half hour drive. I grew up alot there as a kid but live in Dallas now. I go as much every year as I can and I would move back and start a cattle farm there if I had the choice but my wife's family is here in Dallas.

Where are you at there? It would cool to know a cattleman around there, my one neighbor use to run a dairy for decades but has since switched to beef. I used to visit there all the time as a kid and couldn't wait to start my own herd (beef not dairy though lol)

CaddoFarms":23ab2gxz said:
denvermartinfarms":23ab2gxz said:
CaddoFarms":23ab2gxz said:
Thats cool to see. Didnt know you guys had them....i have a farm in far south MO and they are supposedly raising them on a ranch to eventually re-introduce into the wild eventually. I havent heard much about the program recently but always thought it would be cool to see one one day.
What part of far south MO are you in? We might be neighbors. The elk are carter county, defiantly seems like the best area in the state for them, but I still think we were getting along fine without them.

Hi Denver, my farm there is in Mountain View, right on the Jacks Fork River. Closest bigger town is west plains about half hour drive. I grew up alot there as a kid but live in Dallas now. I go as much every year as I can and I would move back and start a cattle farm there if I had the choice but my wife's family is here in Dallas.

Where are you at there? It would cool to know a cattleman around there, my one neighbor use to run a dairy for decades but has since switched to beef. I used to visit there all the time as a kid and couldn't wait to start my own herd (beef not dairy though lol)
I'm in Ava, about a hour away. I go through mountain view almost every week, was there Saturday and will be going through again in the morning.

That's cool a pretty small world....if your looking for some good ribs stop by that place Arnorlds in front of the wal-mart. Get the full slab!

CaddoFarms":12umc83b said:
That's cool a pretty small world....if your looking for some good ribs stop by that place Arnorlds in front of the wal-mart. Get the full slab!
I've been there, pretty sure it closed for a while and re opened a few months back.

The Elk around Manchester KY are good eating. Hopefully a few more stragglers will show up this year. How much does the state pay you to feed their Elk Redbull?

Its contract work Highgrit, just planting food plots spraying, bush hogging and stuff like that. Rocky Mountian Elk Foundation and the Wild Turkey Federation also kick in some dollars for the work. All the work I do is good for all the wildlife.

Well that sounds great Redbull. I was just joking around, sometimes feeding the states deer and turkeys gets me grumpy. I enjoy seeing and caring for the wildlife, but DNR makes some dumb rules and regulations up.

Ours makes some dumb rules to Highgrit. AGF does a lot of work on the WMA's they have. Give folks some great area's to hunt. We try to keep good high quality forage year round. They let folks bid on the hay ground that helps some of the local farmers out with hay. We plant a lot of wheat in the fall and millet in the spring. Hay fields are ochard grass and clover fertilized twice a year. Lots of deer turkey bear and elk.

Red bull, have you guys always had lots of bear or are they making a come back. My place is right above you and there has been more sightings in recent years. My neighbor had one in her melon patch last year! We have only seen footprints in the snow on our place though.

The only native bear population was in the National Forest around Fifty Six Mt View area. The others were restocked years ago and now we have a plenty. Dam things are every where now. AGF needs to up the quota in our area. They like the bird feeders everyone seems to like to put out now a days.

Latest posts