Free anti virus protection

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I know there are some good anti virus protection programs on the web,can anyone recommend one ?I been useing McAfee,until I noticed Norton does the same thing at half the price ?................good luck

This computer was cleaned off and upgraded. Had used norton but it was inadequate. The computer man recommended AVG. It is free and seems to do a better job.

If you have norton you need to get it off before installing another. It is difficult to get off and you need a pro to do it.

That is the extent of my high tech computer knowledge. In fact, I have told you more than I know.

Check with your isp. they will usually offer some sort of antivirus protection for no charge - part of your service agreement.

I use avast. I like it better than AVG. Like the other poster suggested your ISP will probably offer some sort of protection.
Or one of the "free" e-mail services have virus protection.
I pretty much use the free services for all e-mail. Reserving my personal e-mail for business and family use. That has kept the spam down for me. here's a link for avast.
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html#3

Latest posts