Frances?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1t08q23z said:
If you were in CA with a storm like that coming you'ld be waxing up your surf board

dun

Looks like all the surfer nuts aren't in CA. The national news just showed a bunch of lunies in FL all excited about "catching a wave, dude".

dun

GEEZ. first charley, now frances, and ivan right on her tail. whats up with that?! Peanuts and cotton must be about ready to harvest...

Right time of year September is always bad, never want to draw hurricane duty at work in Sept. Computer models have it tracking right through the chute between Fl and Cuba.

I have to say that I've about had my fill of hurricanes already. I just read that Colorado State figures that we will be up to Paula by Nov. 30. Just great!!!

Chris

Yeah, its a Rottie but I couldn't get the picture big enough to show the detail. Cattleannie, you were probably confused by her eating habits-she eats enought to feed a hippo :lol:

Well that settles it...time for those goofy half-pint sized reading glasses! Great, I've so not wanted to go with the Brian Mulroney look.....

Take care.

Man, it'd be nice to be able to get cleaned up from storm #1 and #2 before having to worry about #3. Maybe we should just let it all sit until after the season is over and do it all at once. :lol:

Read that a study by Colorado State said that we would be up to named storm Paula before the season is over. There's something to look forward to :roll:

Please...don't anyone think that I'm being non-concerned or un-sympathetic with all of the people and disaster in Florida...OK?

Just a thought...with all of the tropical storms, hurricanes that have hit the Florida area in the past 10-15 years, and astronomical $$$ in damage, one would think that this would serve to drive up the cost of real estate in Florida! Also, that it might make the "snowbirds" that retreat to Florida to retire think twice before moving there. Same applies to California with their earthquates, wildfires, and mudslides. Even with the longtime permanent residents of Florida, I would think that after so many attacks by catastrophic weather there the attraction of the ocean and palm trees and warm weather would make many think twice about staying! For me, one disaster would be enough...I'd be out of there.

Life is rough enough without having to worry about disasterous weather damage every few years that hit an entire region or state....

Just some politically incorrect thoughts of mine....

Running Arrow Bill":bveq7uov said:
Please...don't anyone think that I'm being non-concerned or un-sympathetic with all of the people and disaster in Florida...OK?

Just a thought...with all of the tropical storms, hurricanes that have hit the Florida area in the past 10-15 years, and astronomical $$$ in damage, one would think that this would serve to drive up the cost of real estate in Florida! Also, that it might make the "snowbirds" that retreat to Florida to retire think twice before moving there. Same applies to California with their earthquates, wildfires, and mudslides. Even with the longtime permanent residents of Florida, I would think that after so many attacks by catastrophic weather there the attraction of the ocean and palm trees and warm weather would make many think twice about staying! For me, one disaster would be enough...I'd be out of there.

Life is rough enough without having to worry about disasterous weather damage every few years that hit an entire region or state....

Just some politically incorrect thoughts of mine....

Bill you make a lot of sense I was raised on the Texas Gulf coast, there used to be a few Texas residents living there. Now you can't tell the difference from Galveston to Houston (lots of yankees). The housing they say is built for the hurricane winds are shoddy at best. The last real bad strom that hit the area was in 1961 Carla wind vain broke in Galveston at 176 mph 21 ft tide surge . Carla was a kitten compared to Camile that hit Ms. If our poor neighbors every get a couple of these lined up back to back, you can get a deal on some Fl waterfront property.

Makes our blizzards, and winters with 30 below temps and 20 foot high snow drifts look a lot better- I'll take that anyday to continual hurricanes.

Running Arrow Bill":2xhow1p6 said:
Just a thought...with all of the tropical storms, hurricanes that have hit the Florida area in the past 10-15 years, and astronomical $$$ in damage, one would think that this would serve to drive up the cost of real estate in Florida! Also, that it might make the "snowbirds" that retreat to Florida to retire think twice before moving there.
Bill, I understand what you're saying, but your timing is pretty cold-blooded! Millions of people down there are still in the process of dealing with the disasters as you speak. Maybe you could make room for some of them up there in Tornado Alley where you live! You've given me new insight into why many people might despise Texans!

And where do you come up with that "new-variant" economics? You say in your post that the tropical storms, hurricanes, and astronomical damages might make the snowbirds think twice before moving to Florida. How would you expect that to "serve to drive up the cost of real estate in Florida?" I'm still scratching my head over that one. Maybe if I look at it long enough it'll come to me........