FOX TV

Help Support CattleToday:

txag

Reaction score
ok, i'm a little bit :oops: :oops: to admit it, but i watched "Trading Spouses" on FOX last night & what i saw made me :x :mad: .

the idea behind the show is that two moms from different lifestyles will switch families for a week or so. last night they had a vegan mom from California switch places with an alligator-huntin' mom from Louisiana. i realize things were edited for sensationalism (& that's part of my :mad:) but one of the first things the Cajun woman did after arriving was give her new "family" gifts of alligator skulls. imo, even "normal" folks would have a little problem w/receiving skulls as gifts so you can imagine the thoughts the vegans had. later they had her attending a vegan luncheon & she also brought little gator skulls for the vegan women there. the women then explained to her that they're the type of folks supporting AR, protesting circuses & even catching & releasing bugs. there was probably some editing (& it may have been a good thing 'cause the Cajun woman was definitely not a spokesmodel for the food animal industry) & she was outnumbered but she just sat there w/no response to their comments.

on the flip side, the vegan woman was living w/the gator-huntin' dad & kid & when checking out the new place found probably a thousand gator skulls in a shed out back as well as hanging from the chain-link fence. bunnies (alligator food or pets?......i'm not sure) were in cages in the area as well. they took her on a tour of the bayou & described how they hunt the gators "you catch their heads in a rope & hit them between the eyes" and told her that you get $1.50/water snake skin and you can also hunt muskrats.

i'm not saying i support the gator hunting but imo, it was very biased and perfect feed and ammunition for the AR groups as a whole. any folks who saw this who may have been sitting on the fence on AR issues could easily have fallen to the other side. these groups don't just target hunting & animal cruelty!

the "conclusion" will be aired next Mon night.

FOX programming is about the most pitiful excuse for wholesome entertainment. But on the other side of the coin, the only news channel I care to watch is FOX NEWS.

I've been reading some vegan comments about the show and they're embarrased about the vegan mom, too. So I guess no one is happy with the show. Several years ago ranchers.net was mentioned in a Time magazine article about vegetarianism. The site was literally attacked by vegans and animal rights activist. After a while the administrator of the site made a veggie board for them to post on and deleted their posts off the bull session page. That was the first time I ever heard the term vegan. Since then I've spent a lot of time on vegan boards and anti-animal rights boards, learning to refute their arguments. The beef check-off in OK has had a program offering to train people to speak to the media, and others, about animal rights issues. This is an important thing for ranchers/farmers. Some of these people think there are two kinds of cows: cows for leather and cows for meat. They claim it takes 20 lbs of GRAIN to produce one pound of beef. There are lists of lies and mis-representations all over the net that are put out as truth. We all need to be informed and able to refute these people.

BTW, as long as people watch that trash, they'll keep showing it. :D

Frankie":3pj20r4n said:
BTW, as long as people watch that trash, they'll keep showing it. :D

:oops: :oops: point taken, Frankie. i have to admit i saw the previews & wanted to see how they portrayed each side.......pretty much as i expected.

Latest posts