Satellite TV Dish or Direc TV

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Hey all I was planning on switching to a satellite company and I wanted to know what station carries the different cattle auctions, so I make sure it's included in my package? Is it RFD TV. Also do you have a preference for Dish or DirecTV?

Yes, it's RFD TV. I prefer Directv. Always have been quick and patient solving the occasional strange recevr problems. And they speak English!

I watch DVAuctions website on the computer. iPad works fine too. They carry a lot of auctions.

Had Dish for about 12 years until past December and switched to Direct TV. Programs are basically the same and haven't really needed any customer service yet. Anyway you go a $39 pkg. will end up costing you about $90 a month when it's all said and done.

dun":1us7z8xn said:
Yes, it's RFD TV. I prefer Directv. Always have been quick and patient solving the occasional strange recevr problems. And they speak English!
Dun I have direct TV also but RFD has dropped the auctions haven't they?

kenny thomas":2lp56lhe said:
dun":2lp56lhe said:
Dun I have direct TV also but RFD has dropped the auctions haven't they?
Don;t know, never watched them but the neighbor used to when he was layed up from knee replacement.

I've been told that the superior sales are not on rfd anymore, they are still on, but it's a different channel. I use to watch them some when we had TV, now days I just watch sales on the 3 Internet sites that run them strait from barns.

I have dish. And now have the dish hopper, which I have to admit is pretty nice.

Auctions for Superior are usually on dish ch. 998, ever since they stopped showing most of them on RFD

I put up two 100 mile antennas, on a hill, copper core wires with a booster and get close to 30 channels that way. I can turn the antennas and get more also. If Direct keeps going up in price and the advertisements keep getting more I will not have it much longer.

We have dish but the payment has climbed to a $160 a month(started in the $80 range) so we are going to cancel it....that's just too much to pay for TV.

ousoonerfan22":1rpnp94z said:
We have dish but the payment has climbed to a $160 a month(started in the $80 range) so we are going to cancel it....that's just too much to pay for TV.
Yes, that's alot. We went without for years and then with mom being sick and sometimes not being able to get out and do much, we got dish again. 29$ a month but after only 6 months they are raising it and taking Chanel's away. I think it's now up to 49$ a month.

I have direct but to me it is way over priced for what I watch. Going to switch to a streaming service with an antenna for local stations as soon as my contract runs out. It will end up saving me right at $100 a month and I can still watch the same shows that I do now.

Latest posts