Found this article on the Internet and was surprised by

Help Support CattleToday:

I read through the article you mentioned................gees...we must be starving our dogs according to that....I guess Hills' Science Diet is not good enough even according to this.

But as I look through the feeding recommendations.............I can't help but wonder..........how one could afford to feed a dog that kind of diet, and the fact is, with a diet like that.....the d@mn dogs will be eating better than me!!! :cboy:

I never worry too much about what the animals eat.

Prices are so low up here that I now never buy dog and cat food. I just throw them steaks, roasts or burger - whatever I pull out of the freezer and thaw out.

They seem to be doing quite well on their new diet for the past couple of years.

Way cheaper than buying dog and cat food.

Bez!

Bez!":12cz1omz said:

Prices are so low up here that I now never buy dog and cat food. I just throw them steaks, roasts or burger - whatever I pull out of the freezer and thaw out.

They seem to be doing quite well on their new diet for the past couple of years.

Bez!

I'll be right up woof woof :lol:

In the spring-summer our German Shepard prefers road kill frogs. Usually aged about 3 days. Whenever he isn't interested in dinner or breakfest we can usually find the remains of a few flat frogs in the yard.

dj":2a1vy3go said:
Bez!":2a1vy3go said:

Bez!

I'll be right up woof woof :lol:

Do you have room for one more? :lol: :lol:

up until this year I was heavily involved in the show dog world
(not the pretty dog, dog shows - but performance - agility / obedience) (now I live on a farm and barely have time to read this forum let alone train a dog ;-) )
anyway - there are a number of "dog people" that feed their dog what is called a raw diet - they feed chicken and other meats and add vegetables like carrots to the mix -
the problem with quite a few of the dog foods is - what is the main ingredient - is it corn? now it doesn't take much to figure out that a dog was designed to be a meat eater with a little grass, etc mixed in -
so feeding them a diet of mainly corn is not the best -
I know when I switched my very high energy lab from a corn based diet to a lamb and rice based diet - she was a much more normal dog - she wasn't bouncing off the walls all the time
since I now live on a farm with chicken houses - we have quite a few chickens that are dead but still edible -
now it is against the rules to do anything with the dead except incinerate them so we would never, never, ever allow a dog to eat them, not me 8)

Medic24":prhsorfy said:
I read through the article you mentioned................gees...we must be starving our dogs according to that....I guess Hills' Science Diet is not good enough even according to this.

But as I look through the feeding recommendations.............I can't help but wonder..........how one could afford to feed a dog that kind of diet, and the fact is, with a diet like that.....the d@mn dogs will be eating better than me!!! :cboy:

Hey, Medic, where you been??

Latest posts