Fort Payne Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Sent 7 calves to Arab Alabama sale yesterday. Hoping prices stay high ! 6 bulls and 1 heifer . 350 to 600 lbs. been trying to catch them for a month or so and it finally happened yesterday. Don't have a good horse like Warren Allison raises . 🤠

Sold 165 head,steers and heifers, averaging 701. Very up a down, 5-6 off color. Through an order buyer. Averaged $1.85.

Sent 7 calves to Arab Alabama sale yesterday. Hoping prices stay high ! 6 bulls and 1 heifer . 350 to 600 lbs. been trying to catch them for a month or so and it finally happened yesterday. Don't have a good horse like Warren Allison raises . 🤠
Nex time, just let me know and Clay and I wil bring our horses down and get them for you, if we can bring our fishing rods, too! :) How did they sell at Arab?

Still got 5 that need gone . November born calves . We have an awful set up to get them out of our big pasture to the small pasture that leads to the catch pen . Coming to feed in a creep feeder so it's just a matter of time till I catch them ! Thanks for the offer !

There has always been a sale in Ft Payne, but seems like this is a new barn, 10-15 years old.
Not a new barn but new owners , maybe 4-5 years now . Have made some upgrades . They are working hard to have a good sale . We use Arab because they will come pick our cattle up , nominal fee ; less than I could drive myself; and I think they have more buyers . Some folks buy groceries at Walmart, some at Kroger . It's where you feel comfortable. 🤔

Still got 5 that need gone . November born calves . We have an awful set up to get them out of our big pasture to the small pasture that leads to the catch pen . Coming to feed in a creep feeder so it's just a matter of time till I catch them ! Thanks for the offer !
I'm always down the road too if you ever need anything. I just like meeting folks.

I'm always down the road too if you ever need anything. I just like meeting folks.
Thanks 5050 ! Son had not been in from Louisiana since Christmas except for a funeral . So we've been trying to catch up on things. Cut our first hay this week . Rye grass ready. Have one field that was drying up in a hurry . Two companion fields still green . Don't know what's up ?

About 10 acres , we plant rye late winter this year , Nov ? Fellow follows us with soy beans . We have planted it 6-8 years now

About 10 acres , we plant rye late winter this year , Nov ? Fellow follows us with soy beans . We have planted it 6-8 years
Ever dried up so quick before?
no sir . Cold snap in December definitely affected our stand . It had some cheat ( wild rye) in it but it's the Marshall rye that has dried up . First week with no rain for us to put it up . We dry bale .

Latest posts