Fort Payne Alabama yesterday.

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
332855493_650694170162606_1780275238699712750_n.jpg

My son said someone sold several belted bulls and a belted cow , all were in very good shape and brought $1.20.
Bred cows and pairs were high.
We picked up 5 cows medium flesh, most are bred , averaged $940. 00 each.
Good market right now.

Prices look good. I did some work at the Bakery there years ago when I worked at it's sister plant. If I remember right it was in-between a couple mountains and they were having a tent revival next to the hotel we stayed at.

Prices look good. I did some work at the Bakery there years ago when I worked at it's sister plant. If I remember right it was in-between a couple mountains and they were having a tent revival next to the hotel we stayed at.
Sand mountain and Lookout mountain, and the coldest spot in Alabama..

Sounds like Alabama. I know a few snake handlers too, if you're interested.

Us Baptists don't do snakes !
When it comes to reflections from my youth in the hills and mountains of Bama, I put horse (only) girls, snake handling chicks, and that one woman in every little town that's been leathered by cigarettes at 35 that you're pretty sure does meth all on about the same playing field.

But damn, what fun.

I think they shut the plant down a fews years after I was there. The other thing I remember is everyone was making socks and they had a trash truck manufacturer. Also some guy at the plant they called Wolfy gave me some muskidines out of his pocket to snack on 🤢 and there was an F150 in the plant parking lot loaded down with water melons for $2. The truck window was cracked and it was self serve.

The honor system for paying for watermelons and vegetables still exists in my little town on Sand Mtn . There are a few sock mills left around but not as many as there once was . I started teaching at Ft Payne high school in 1979 . I taught 9th grade science. More than 1 of my students was biding their time waiting to turn 16 to quit school and go work in the sock mills . And then get married. I often wonder how that turned out for them when the sock mills closed after nafta.

The honor system for paying for watermelons and vegetables still exists in my little town on Sand Mtn . There are a few sock mills left around but not as many as there once was . I started teaching at Ft Payne high school in 1979 . I taught 9th grade science. More than 1 of my students was biding their time waiting to turn 16 to quit school and go work in the sock mills . And then get married. I often wonder how that turned out for them when the sock mills closed after nafta.
My aunts worked for the sock mill out of their homes…the company would bring box's of them to they're house, and they would sow up the toes…

Latest posts