Ford 8N, 9N, 2N induction air filter tip

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
I have a Jubilee. I also work on aircraft. Got tired of the rat nest wire mesh filter media, and it was falling apart anyway. I found that a Brackett Aero (that's a brand name) filter element for Beechcraft Bonanza series aircraft fit perfectly in place of the wire mesh. For about $13, Brackett element PN# BA7112 fits perfect. It is a foam type filter, rectangle in shape, about 10"x5" and 2" thick. It is impregnated with the same sticky stuff that K&N/Challenger filter elements are. You just roll it long ways and slip it up in the housing. I still fill the cup with oil, and use the composite mesh pre-filter, so I still have all 3 filter mediums in place. This mod just replaces the rat nest with a foam filter. You could probably still clean this foam filter and spray some K&N goo on it if you wanted to save money, but for $13 I throw away and install new. I haven't noticed any change in the induction air flow, mixture, or horsepower. No carb adjustment necessary and no plug fouling
Google Aircraft Spruce company, and in their search box type in BA7112.
It would probably work on some 600 series gas too
I keep the pre-filter mesh and cup oil changed often, but have found I only need to change the Brackett filter every 100 hours, give or take depending on condition

Latest posts