Food prices

Help Support CattleToday:

I went to pick up a 40# lamb and rice dog food yesterday and it went from $26 to $38 per sack!! Wow I figured it would be 30# for the same price, kinda like potato chips!
Considering I can deduct cattle feed and not dog feed I will be dog gone when Serious Sam checks out. (He is 17 and flops around.
like a Harp seal.)

• The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller 20-city home price index, out Tuesday, climbed 18.4% in October from a year earlier. The gain marked a slight deceleration from a 19.1% year-over-year increase in September but was about in line with what economists had been expecting.
  • All 20 cities posted double-digit annual gains.

I am in an area that grows a lot of small crops and being summer it is peak growing season, we have plenty of water for irrigation (record rainfall) yet I am not seeing many crops in the fields. Driving to Brisbane on Sunday again in a different area nothing was growing. These small crops are labour intensive in getting them off and rely on using backpacker workers for this. They get to extend their visa if they do so many months of farm work. Labour shortage and skyrocketing imputs I think are having a major effect on supply of food.

Ken

Labour shortage and skyrocketing imputs I think are having a major effect on supply of food.
There are companies that are developing and building robots to replace farm labor, one example is a machine that will pick up all of the hay bales in your field and go place them in a row or rows as you've directed it to do. It uses sensors and mapping of the field and can carrying multiple round bales at a time. Technology will replace many workers in the coming years.

Last edited:
There are companies that are developing and building robots to replace farm labor, one example is a machine that will pick up all of the hay bales in your field and go place them in a row or rows as you've directed it to do. It uses sensors and mapping of the field and can carrying multiple round bales at a time. Technology will replace many workers in the coming years.

• 1.7 million jobs have been lost to automation since 2000.
  • In England, 1.5 million jobs are in danger of being automated.
  • 25% of mundane and repetitive jobs are at risk of automation.
  • 375 million jobs are expected to vanish by 2030.
  • Artificial intelligence will displace 40% of jobs worldwide in the next 15 years.
  • Artificial intelligence will generate 2.3 million jobs starting in 2020.

• 1.7 million jobs have been lost to automation since 2000.
  • In England, 1.5 million jobs are in danger of being automated.
  • 25% of mundane and repetitive jobs are at risk of automation.
  • 375 million jobs are expected to vanish by 2030.
  • Artificial intelligence will displace 40% of jobs worldwide in the next 15 years.
  • Artificial intelligence will generate 2.3 million jobs starting in 2020.

Lies! All lies!

Shoot pumpkin time... I read it "Ford prices" I get up in here, sit down, start reading, don't see see anything Ford... realized it's way past pumpkin time. Figured for sure it had a Chevy crack for me in here some were, disappointed when it's not even FORDS we are talking about. Hahaha.
Wonder if a Ford could haul more pumpkins or a Chevy? Hahaha

I read about that a few months back, and could see it absolutely mauling a neighbor's boxwood! :ROFLMAO:

Considering I can deduct cattle feed and not dog feed I will be dog gone when Serious Sam checks out. (He is 17 and flops around.
like a Harp seal.)
Is your dog a working dog or a pet.
If he is a working dog you can deduct all expenses,including vet care .

Fifty years ago Vermeer couldn't get a big bale to start wrapping, so they came up with the idea of putting a fence post in the chamber as the bale started. It worked. So each bale had a wooden post in the center, they'd set aside for the next haying season. Things have progressed.

Is your dog a working dog or a pet.
If he is a working dog you can deduct all expenses,including vet care .
Serious Sam's working career consisted of riding in the pickup and growling at most anything along the road. Getting chased by a
wild turkey for running off with a chick was probably the high point in his life. He does not know he is a Lhasa Apso but I think he
has suspected it for some time, Thanks anyway for the info, LVR

Serious Sam's working career consisted of riding in the pickup and growling at most anything along the road. Getting chased by a
wild turkey for running off with a chick was probably the high point in his life. He does not know he is a Lhasa Apso but I think he
Sounds like a working dog to me.

Ken

You describing the dog or yourself there Lee??

Latest posts