Food Network

Help Support CattleToday:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I'm glad you didn't resort to name calling cause if you call me a redneck soda cracker I'm telling on you. :mrgreen:

As a black man on this board I hear and agree with some of what you guy's are saying. My take on the matter is in every race there is trash, or someone that make you want to reach and touch them. I don't subscribe too "it's the white mans fault I don't have what I want" either. As far as the N word goes the origin of the word in itself was negative. It was used to address a race of people.
Rappers use it and then wanna scream racism when someone else using it and I think that is stupid.
The reason it's an issue when white folk uses it is it's used to hurt, and belittle someone.
I don't know the black folk you've been exposed too, but surely everyone you've dealt with wasn't sorry a^% N word. Just as every white folk I deal with isn't poor white trash.
Not every black person has EBT CARD, nor are they sitting around waiting for the next check in the mail box.
As far as paula dean goes I don't think that canceling her show was the right thing to do behind the N word. now when she stated she wanted slaves to serve at the dinner yeah that was a bit much.
To be frank I could careless either way.
@skyhightree1 I totally agree with your post.
@CB the last thing you posted I feel the exact same way.
I'm extremely tired so I'm going to end here.

Texast Thank you for your post.. I am tri-racial and my whole thing is I really don't care what you call or say about me at all and I have never met someone that has created a new name to call me that i have never been called before but if they did I would shake there hand. My whole life has been call me what you want but if you put your hands on me im gonna whoop your arse lol I think media has too much power when it comes to america because they fuel the fire on purpose to create problems and get reaction out of mostly un educated people that can't have a great discussion like we are having on this board... We agree on some things and other things we agree to disagree if the u.s. could function as we do on this cattle board it would be a step in the right direction. I personally dont care if youre liberal repub democrat or whatever I think that america should watch our board and see how we are all different from different upbringings and we all get along and can have a decent respectful fruitful conversation even on the most HEATED topics that plague america.

Caustic Burno":3tr0s229 said:
hooknline":3tr0s229 said:
It's only bad if a white person says it.
What's sad is the public lynching she's getting over it. By people who have said the same word I'm sure. Her deposition didn't ask when she said it, only if she had ever.

I am an old white man that was raised in the South I have said it and heard it all my life I am going to continue to say it
when it applies.
Just like I am going to say you are white cracker trash when it applies. No apologies if you don't like it and a bulldozer didn't follow you here the road you came in on is not tore up.
I pretty much agree with Caustic. It is only in the last several years that it has been defined a racial slur. In my growing up and formative days it was just a word to denote people of the black race. It was neither good nor bad. It didn't sound as bad as Negro to me.
Then a few years ago the JJ and AS types did a propaganda thing to say it was a racial slur. They just needed another "cause".

A lady that I enjoy talking with because of her education, knowledge, and honesty said, "I don't care if you call me a n-word. I know who I am and I am secure with that."
She has more class than to get upset over something so trivial.
Just like if you want to call me a Red Neck, I even call myself that, so what. If you use it to try to disrespect me then YOU have a problem. Means nothing to me.

So what about all the white kids singing along to rap music, should they apologize, too?
:lol:

JWBrahman":hfomqude said:
So what about all the white kids singing along to rap music, should they apologize, too?
:lol:

Yes, I will take $5.00 per time they used the word in the last 10 years. :D

Caustic Burno":2nrqlrqx said:
hooknline":2nrqlrqx said:
It's only bad if a white person says it.
What's sad is the public lynching she's getting over it. By people who have said the same word I'm sure. Her deposition didn't ask when she said it, only if she had ever.

I am an old white man that was raised in the South I have said it and heard it all my life I am going to continue to say it
when it applies.
Just like I am going to say you are white cracker trash when it applies. No apologies if you don't like it and a bulldozer didn't follow you here the road you came in on is not tore up.
:clap: :nod: Yup!

You know the Cherokees must have been about as prolific breeders as the blacks. Everyone has Cherokee blood. Where were all the other tribes?? :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2gf022uc said:
You know the Cherokees must have been about as prolific breeders as the blacks. Everyone has Cherokee blood. Where were all the other tribes?? :mrgreen:

Actually by US stat's the Hispanic's are the most fertile group.
Just no one want's to claim that.

skyhightree1":12f9ng44 said:
Texast Thank you for your post.. I am tri-racial and my whole thing is I really don't care what you call or say about me at all and I have never met someone that has created a new name to call me that i have never been called before but if they did I would shake there hand. My whole life has been call me what you want but if you put your hands on me im gonna whoop your arse lol I think media has too much power when it comes to america because they fuel the fire on purpose to create problems and get reaction out of mostly un educated people that can't have a great discussion like we are having on this board... We agree on some things and other things we agree to disagree if the u.s. could function as we do on this cattle board it would be a step in the right direction. I personally dont care if youre liberal repub democrat or whatever I think that america should watch our board and see how we are all different from different upbringings and we all get along and can have a decent respectful fruitful conversation even on the most HEATED topics that plague america.

I have stirred the pot pretty good on this one.
What I see is the government is dividing and conquering.
Look at a College Admission or Census form
You are a
White
Black
Hispanic non black
Hispanic non white
Asian
Native American
And so on
It should just be American.
or legal immigrant.

Why can't we just be American's and quit having special groups's with special treatment.
The special treatment and policies are the breeding ground's for our problem's and demise.
As a man that has bi-ethnic grandchildren I see and hear lot's of interesting thing's.
It has become OK to hate the Hispanic and say what you like see it everyday on this board.
Most are more American than those casting dispersion's.
I have grandchildren that are so brown you don't not what mix they are tagging along with an old white man.
Paula Deen screwed up and apologized that is not good enough she has to be destroyed.
This just makes the problem worse and drives the hatred underground. This is the fodder the hate mongers need to stay in power.
Just like the Martin/Zimmerman has nothing to do with a black kid getting shot, happen's everyday and is not even news worthy most of the time.
This is a gun control issue and something they can fan the flames with.
No matter the outcome and the media really want's him acquitted so they along with the hate mongers can have a field day.

I have to ask the same questions of every customer I interview for a loan application whether I'm meeting with them face to face or speaking with them over the phone.

Seems like we should all be in this together and stop dividing ourselves by race, religion, national origin etc...

Blacks only make up 14% of the U.S. population. But I can pick one out on the highway almost every time, they are the worst drivers out there. I don't like obama, and it's not because of his color. What ever happened to free speech.

TexasBred":2rlohgzt said:
Right here, Chippewa (Ojibwe)

highgrit":2t420wew said:
Blacks only make up 14% of the U.S. population. But I can pick one out on the highway almost every time, they are the worst drivers out there. I don't like obama, and it's not because of his color. What ever happened to free speech.

You need to get out more. Spend a week or two in California with the Orientals(pick your country of origin) and then come back here and say the same thing.

Blacks do not drive any worse that anyone else.

Bottom line is our country is a melting pot of misfits and culls but that's what makes us great. What will ruin this great country is the belief that any one of these groups is special and requires special treatment.

I am an Ulster. For centuries my people have been tromped on by whatever government we have been unfortunate enough to live under. The worst of it began with King James I. He tried to wipe us off the face of the earth with genocide. Some, like my brother, still carry a genetic mutation brought about by the years of starvation forced upon us because the food we produced was taken from us and given to those deemed more worthy. We fled to America seeking a better life only to find we were hated for our looks, dress and our customs so we moved to the nooks and crannies of the Appalachians. We helped fight the revolutionary war but it could be argued that we didn't fight for independence we just fought because this was the perfect opportunity to kill British. And that we did, especially after the battle of Waxhaw where we were gunned down after we surrendered. We repaid that debt on Kings Mountain and returned the favor. As a right of passage I have pi$$ed on General Ferguson's grave atop the mountain and hope to one day take my boys to do the same.

Though we fought and died in the founding of the country we were still discriminated against. When the whiskey tax was put in place the tax on whiskey was 6 cents per gallon but on our fine product we were charged 9 cents/gallon. While we again fought during the civil war it was not about slavery because very few if any of our people owned slaves. Against our religion and if you read the old journals the sentiment was that most slave owners were old loyalists who we hated with a passion. After the war we were again treated like dirt by the occupation army and the carpet baggers. We were robbed, assaulted and just done wrong for no justifiable reason.

Today, some view me as a white guy from the south who owes their very existence to the slave who gave me the standard of life I enjoy today. This is insulting to me and my family because there is nothing further from the truth. Hard work, self denial, delayed gratification, strong family values made this possible. I have always treated people fairly and so will my children but I'm not about to apologize or willingly subsidize sorriness in any way shape or form - or color. If anything, I think I need a refund from that unfair whiskey tax.

I think you are going to have to get over that whiskey tax.
Our family pretty much the same fled the English boot, being a Scott/Irish was a pretty lower life form. That Womack bunch was pretty rigid about what they put up with. My Great grandma was one of the last surviving widow's of the Confederacy drawing a pension in the state of Texas. She lived to be 104 and still had my GGF's sabre and uniform. I still want to know who got that when she died..
Setttled in Wolf's Den Maryland and Henico Va. Fought in the Revolution had a great grandfather with Washington at the Battle of Trenton when he crossed the Delaware. Most headed south after that through Ga,Ms,and Al ending up in Tx.
Some went on to Ca during the gold rush we quit looking for them. One branch headed North into Ohio.
Fought on both sides during the War of Northern Aggresion(for TB)

Latest posts