Fly tags for Humans

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
I wonder if cow fly tags would hurt humans? Was Doing some brush hogging this past weekend and there was two flies that followed me everywhere around the field. Buzzing around my face. I was thinking about giving myself an ear piercing with some fly tags................hmmmmm maybe I could patent and sell some human fly tags (ear rings) and then get rich enough to hire my brush cutting :lol:

I heard of teens going to Mexico doing missionary work wearing flea collars around their ankles.

maybe I could patent and sell some human fly tags (ear rings) and then get rich enough to hire my brush cutting

by the time you bribed the EPA and other officials for the testing of a pesticide you would never recoop your investment.

I bought a little pin on tag at Walmart. It is plastic ,about 2 inches long, with NASCAR printed on it. You can pin it to your shirt. It is supposed to repel mosquitoes and other insects. They sell for about $1 and are supposed to last 100 something hours. I also had on a bunch of OFF so I don't know if it helped very much.

VanC":2h0h1ht4 said:
aplusmnt":2h0h1ht4 said:
I wonder if cow fly tags would hurt humans?

Humans? You have nothing to worry about, my friend. :lol:

You are probably correct! :lol: After that ivomec spill cleaned me out so good I have been thinking that these cow products might work better for me. Might have to hang a couple of these fly tags from the ear lobes next time I have to be in the field.

Might have to hang a couple of these fly tags from the ear lobes next time I have to be in the field.

I know you meant that to be funny (maybe), but you might try actually hanging them on the collar of your shirt or the straps of your overalls.

Just a few words from some hard learned knowledge. My dad and I used to put fly tags on our bridles when we where brush popping creek bottoms. Deer flys where terrible back then. Short story long is one really hot and humid day my dad had an alergic reaction to the tag. It was not a pretty sight. He was a top hand and kept a leg on each side but he was like a drunk man. Then he welted up, struggled to breath. So, the point is those tags are designed for a large mammal, unless you are the size of a Crowder beauty ;-) , I doubt you are a large mammal. After my dad recovered his words where I may have acted like a drunk man but at least I didn't get a hangover.

Lammie":1k47bkq6 said:
I heard of teens going to Mexico doing missionary work wearing flea collars around their ankles.

We did this in Iraq during the itial invasion. We did not have much in the way of sleeping quarters like tents or trailers. We were moving too fast so we slept on the ground. Believe it or not that dry sandbox had it's share of fleas that loved to climb up your leg. Plenty of skeeters along the Tigres too.

Latest posts