Fly spray ? again

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
The flies are unreal this year !! I have some stuff I have used before called
PROLATE/LINTOX-HD
insecticidal spray & backrubber
is it any good?
for a rub you mix it with diesel can I mix it with diesel and spray it? I think the rains will wash it off but thought the diesel might stay on better. we have had almost 6 more inches of rain in the last 3 days to add to the flooding we already had and they say more on the way maybe as high as 10 inches in some places. ????

No one wanted to commit on if it would be ok to mix this with diesel and spray so I mixed it like it said with water and sprayed the cows. It seemed to work very well, very few flies today and its been almost a week, but they say rain is on the way so it may wash off and the bottle says not to spray them more than once every two weeks.

I don't know if you have any cattle with Brahman in them, but I bought one that said not to use on anything with Brahman. I was surprised, didn't know it made a difference. But I guess that they can be hyper sensitive to it. So I used it on the horses and it must have burned like the dickens because they all went and rolled trying to rub it off.

quote="Drzr"]What type of sprayer do you use?[/quote]

I used a pump-up type sprayer and sprayed then in an catch lot, I try to give my cattle a few cattle cubes each time I go to check them about ever 7 days, just enough for them to get a few bites makes them easer to handle so I sprayed them then.

branguscowgirl":2w7nwfml said:
I don't know if you have any cattle with Brahman in them, but I bought one that said not to use on anything with Brahman. I was surprised, didn't know it made a difference. But I guess that they can be hyper sensitive to it. So I used it on the horses and it must have burned like the dickens because they all went and rolled trying to rub it off.

I will have to read the bottle again sure didn't see anything about not using on Brahman cattle but there again I may have over look it to, been times I have done that. They did not act like it bothered them, most of them didn't I got some that would just as soon you didn't even look at them more less do anything to them, My bull is Angus but all the rest of my cattle are 1/2 to full Brahman

I prefer the permethrin spray but use the Lintox usually towards the end of summer when the flys seem to get immune to the permethrin. I have never had any issues with it on my mixed herd that includes a lot of brangus/braford cattle.

Latest posts