Florida cold!

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy+

Reaction score
Yeah, go ahead and laugh but I get cold when it gets below 60 degree's. Anyway it will be in the high 20's in my area come Sunday morning. I have a wedding to attend (no not mine) Sat and the high is going to be 50 ish. Winds will make the chill factor around 35-40. This is an outside cowboy bar-b-q wedding. :lol:

ffscj":2q612jc2 said:
Flaboy,

you need to move up to OK. Its been in the mid 60's all week.

Chris

... or Texas. In the 70's and I think we reached 80 one or two days. And they are still calling for record highs this weekend, up to 82 degrees.

this warm weather is starting to freak me out a lil

A little air conditioning never hurt a good party! :lol: :lol: ;-)

flaboy+":2frjk84g said:
Yeah, go ahead and laugh but I get cold when it gets below 60 degree's. Anyway it will be in the high 20's in my area come Sunday morning. I have a wedding to attend (no not mine) Sat and the high is going to be 50 ish. Winds will make the chill factor around 35-40. This is an outside cowboy bar-b-q wedding. :lol:

I would suggest....Bacardi 151 rum ;-) Its good anti-freeze

frenchie":3iwqrzdl said:
flaboy+":3iwqrzdl said:

I would suggest....Bacardi 151 rum ;-) Its good anti-freeze

Yeah fresh out but I do have some Bacardi light 80 proof. I could just double that right? :lol:

Ryan":1lo9dvcc said:
ffscj":1lo9dvcc said:
Flaboy,

you need to move up to OK. Its been in the mid 60's all week.

Chris

... or Texas. In the 70's and I think we reached 80 one or two days. And they are still calling for record highs this weekend, up to 82 degrees.

this warm weather is starting to freak me out a lil

It will be in the 90's if they don't quit torching everything around. :shock:

Bacardi 151?? Ouch. Flambeau. Light or Dark? Hey, it may or may not warm you up, but you won't know the difference! :lol:

one word. coveralls.

two more: whiskey flask

sposed to be (GET THIS!) 29 degrees Farhenheit tonight.

Bah, this really sucks. Usually when these threads fire up, I can thump my chest and say 'You girlie man, me real man, wear tshirt -40'. But I don't think we've moved from 32F-35F all December.

Rod

Beefy":bznors8a said:
one word. coveralls.

two more: whiskey flask

sposed to be (GET THIS!) 29 degrees Farhenheit tonight.

Coveralls - yup - and a piar of darned good boots - running a few degrees below zero F here this morning and have the tractor plugged in - should start in an hour or so.

Whiskey flask - big nope - may give you an initial rush of warmth - but in fact, medically, contributes to making you colder. Drink in the cold and you will get colder.

Bez!

I will be the first to admit I am a whimp when it comes to the cold. Born and raised here I guess my gene's just don't how to handle it. :oops:

I couldn't believe that yesterday it was 57 degrees F. It has been nice all winter really but I don't expect it. Every morning I am expecting it to be the day it gets really cold again. Our river is open in so many spots and there is no snow. It is really odd but I'm not complaining because like flaboy I get cold easy.

BRRR!!! I got up early to go do a pasture rotation and there was a nice thick sheet of ice on my windshield this AM. When the sun finally came up the pastures looked like snow from all the frost. And I am guessing I'm quite a ways South of Flaboy. 101 Wild Turkey seems to warm the inards better than that molasses whiskey.

Well, it wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be. It only got down to 32. The sun came out quickly but the wind was still a bit brisk. The wedding went off without a hitch (ha). Food got cold too fast due to the weather.

I thought about riding my bike to it but took the truck instead. Shortly after I got there here comes a guy riding up on his bike wearing a cowboy hat. I said to myself "dang that could have been me". Of course I would have had to zip the hat in my jacket if I wanted to keep it. ;-)

flaboy+":22e655z7 said:
Well, it wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be. It only got down to 32. The sun came out quickly but the wind was still a bit brisk. The wedding went off without a hitch (ha). Food got cold too fast due to the weather.

I thought about riding my bike to it but took the truck instead. Shortly after I got there here comes a guy riding up on his bike wearing a cowboy hat. I said to myself "dang that could have been me". Of course I would have had to zip the hat in my jacket if I wanted to keep it. ;-)
Plain and simple. Yall are WIMPS! :lol:

Crowderfarms":3o2jl40o said:

Well I admitted that. :lol: Funny on the way into work I listen to a talk radio show and folks were calling in saying they were from up north. The topic was the cold here in FL. These folks were calling in and saying they have never been so cold as they are here in FL. Everyone says it's the wet cold. It just soaks in.

Now Crowder, I spent some time Alaska for uncle Sam and I don't remember the cold bothering me much there.

flaboy+":1u021jac said:
Crowderfarms":1u021jac said:

Now Crowder, I spent some time Alaska for uncle Sam and I don't remember the cold bothering me much there.
That's cause you had one of my "Girls" on lease with you keeping you warm. I think it was Saskatchean Sally.

Latest posts