FLIPPIN deer

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
I creamed another deer tonight, with my truck, smashed the grill out thats two Ive hit in less than a year---what we need around here is more hunters, I generally dont hunt but next year I'm getting a licence I wont eat it, but I'll certainly blow their brains out .I dont know hardly anyone around here who hasn't hit a deer --luckily we dont have to pay the dedutable on our insurance when we hit wild life

carl

We have alot of deer here in middle Tennessee too. I've hit three. We also have the third highest amount of harvest in the state in our county but they're everywhere. They just keep multiplying.

MillIron, There are lots of folks who refer to brush guards as "deer deflectors" around here.

I came to a complete stop once but couldn't turn off the headlights in that dad gum '98 truck. The buck ran straight into me. Whatever engineer came up with full time lights that cannot be turned off was a complete idiot. City boy deluxe.

we live in a smal town here in wv, i stoped raising agarden here, i got tired if feeding the deers, i use to mulch my tomatoes with old hay.. well that makes a great deer bed apparently! they have totaly ate every thing! last a few night a go jane and I was comming home and there was 12 deer ! some countys have doe season but our county dont, we are beeing over run.. onthe farm im starting a commercial u-pick blue berry field well guess who last spring found them.. i have 100 5 yr old plants ready to produce last summer they ate 99 i got one big plant standing in a row!!! talked to DNR, have to be500 from nearest dwelling to shot them, they have to be in the feild doing damage when you shot them. im 450 away from that crazy chick on the corner.. i planted rye in another feild.. behond 500 ft... let me catch them in it! ill be grillin! the deers here have become a big pain in the @$$
Rose

Rose, Just wait until the feral hogs invade. Not only will they eat everything, they'll make your garden look like it was hit with bombs. A doe comes with a fawn or two. A sow shows up with a dozen pigs. Three sows show up and you have yourself a real mess.

But, you can trap and kill the hogs - for now.

backhoeboogie":27hqd20x said:
MillIron, There are lots of folks who refer to brush guards as "deer deflectors" around here.

I came to a complete stop once but couldn't turn off the headlights in that dad gum '98 truck. The buck ran straight into me. Whatever engineer came up with full time lights that cannot be turned off was a complete idiot. City boy deluxe.

Deer are nothing just wait till that pickup tangles with a 300 pound PWR.

Caustic Burno":72s84n8v said:
backhoeboogie":72s84n8v said:

Refresh my brain on PWR. Piney Woods ......

I know it is not Pressurized Water Reactor because you are not a nuke engineer.

backhoeboogie":ww4zgc06 said:
Caustic Burno":ww4zgc06 said:
backhoeboogie":ww4zgc06 said:

Refresh my brain on PWR. Piney Woods ......

I know it is not Pressurized Water Reactor because you are not a nuke engineer.

........ Rooter

Low center of gravity. Hard impact. Probably roll underneath and damage undercarriage contributing to loss of control and tree collision. Never have hit one but with the numbers increasing exponentially, I should find some wood to knock on.

glover36":2descwb4 said:
what about those whistle that you put on your bumper do they work?

It depends on who you talk to. Think about being out alongside a highway in the evenings. You can hear cars coming for a long time before you see them. I truly don't think noise makes that much difference. You could possibly scare one onto the road.

I think the real problem is head lights.

It's been solved then, we will discontinue use of headlights and drive with night vision goggles. There I have solved a century old delima. :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't trade the deer I have for your hogs there in the south. But the deer are miserably destructive. The main reason I constantly run the fence is deer damage. I keep them thinned with the disc mower. Fawns are virtually invisible in the grass.

Carlos .D, give me the word and myself and friend will come up and hunt the deer for ya. We love to hunt, we have 15 plus of hunting under our belts and I'm a hunter safety instructor. Let me know I'll check into the requirements for us to hunt Canada.

Carl, check your PM. It's my understanding that hunters from the U.S. must have a licensed guide. What town are you near, maybe I can find a guide near you that would work with us "aliens". Boone

boone":31m5ymnw said:
Carl, check your PM. It's my understanding that hunters from the U.S. must have a licensed guide. What town are you near, maybe I can find a guide near you that would work with us "aliens". Boone
I'll check it out --take me a day or two --I'm 20 miles south east of brandon manitoba --about40 miles north of the us border at st' johns north dakota--My wife comes across goose and duck hunters from the US all the time and they dont have guides

carl

After they made cougar hunting by permit only and then outlawed hound hunting altogether, our cougar population sky rocketed and deer population has dropped like a rock. I would be happy to send you a bunch of cougars to control your deer.

Latest posts