I hate Deer

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
When the rut starts it seems I spend most of my free time repairing electric fence. I spent most of the morning repairing fence. Deer and electricity don't mix well.

jedstivers":1jhlmbqy said:
And deer hunters. I wish both would go away.

Aw Jed....don't judge us all by the actions of some. 35 years of hunting on other peoples farms and I have never had any issues......always invited back.

dun":ehad4i60 said:
The chase phase is just starting around here and it is a PITA

Figures. Every year I ever hunted the area the rut was a month earlier than opening day of general gun. And most years opening day was a dang full moon week
Full rut here was 3 weeks ago and I had to walk the fence every day to make sure the electric was grounded out or broke loose

HOSS":2n5pa5ph said:
jedstivers":2n5pa5ph said:
And deer hunters. I wish both would go away.

Aw Jed....don't judge us all by the actions of some. 35 years of hunting on other peoples farms and I have never had any issues......always invited back.
I don't judge all but some can be mighty trying. I don't have any real good hunting because of the lack of timber on me, I am surrounded by lots of timber so we have way too many deer but not good places to set up to hunt. Anyway I give hunting to guys that dont have anywhere and it's no time till they are trying to lease up all the hunting rights to keep the others off something that is not very good anyway.

Jed you have no idea I manage a 6000 acre lease to keep control on what goes on my north fence.
If you don't hate deer hunters you will after one hunting season of dealing with the cry babies. Ninety percent are great guys, it is like culling cattle seems every year have to cull about 10%.

I've had decent luck wrapping alum foil around the hot wire and smearing some peanut butter on it, to keep the deer out of the pea field. I think it they start to understand what that fence does after a lick or 2. Might help teaching them where its at. Maybe not.

Caustic Burno":8veb0lb6 said:
Jed you have no idea I manage a 6000 acre lease to keep control on what goes on my north fence.
If you don't hate deer hunters you will after one hunting season of dealing with the cry babies. Ninety percent are great guys, it is like culling cattle seems every year have to cull about 10%.
Ain't no way.

Latest posts