Flip Flops

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":8fcv1w18 said:
greybeard":8fcv1w18 said:
I haven't worn a pair of shorts or knee pants since the 3rd grade. Flip flops, not much more often.
1 Corinthians 13:11

Didn't Jesus wear sandals?

HolyPlace.jpg

It seems like everybody "takes pride" in everything else they have. It was mentioned in another thread about how someone spent a lot of time cleaning up their farm , and another person said it was taking pride in your farm. People have to have their automobiles spotless, their lawns mowed perfectly and often, everything just so so in their house, yet people seem to not care about their personal appearance at all. I see people out and think, "It really took some effort to look that pitiful." They couldn't have picked a crappier looking pair of shorts, for example.

And I just love being at a restaurant and having a man's feet and hairy legs at the table beside me. It really does something for the appetite.

I used to wear shorts all year long under my coveralls but since I cut back the breeding route and focused more on growing the ranch and farming end of things you won't see me in anything but wranglers and boots and it's pretty rare to catch me in a cap instead of a hat once I'm done with the dairies for the day. I have always been picky about having a shirt pocket that can hold a pen and notepad even when I wore shorts and about the only way that I can still have that is with western shirts so that's what I wear.

Just think of what escaped out of his shorts. Especially if I was sitting there before you sat there. I like to wear my shorts the same way as my overalls. If my but needs scratching I don't want underwear in the way. Heck crabs could even be crawling down my hairy legs. I would hate to think what the tattooed cook was doing with the tattooed and skin percied fat and sloppy waitress before you came in.

herofan":2rc71v0m said:
I guess comfort comes in different forms for people. I certainly wouldn't be more comfortable in shorts working in hay and fencing.

I guess this must be a universal thing, though. I'm on another site that's mostly a bunch of city slickers, and the topic came up once about why people don't dress up anymore and why they look so slouchy. Several started explaining how comfortable shorts were and how the temperatures where they live demanded shorts for comfort.

I guess if shorts are from the city to the farm, us non-shorts people aren't going to win any arguments, although I still don't get it.
I can understand that. My dad probably never wore a pair in his life other than "boxer shorts" and I've never owned a flip flop. I do however feel just as "dressed up" as the next guy when I put on a pair of nice clean, ironed shorts with a belt and a nice shirt. Wouldn't wear it to Church but some folks do and look fine to me. Good for eating out as well. BTW we have one old fellow who attends our church who wears nothing but blue overalls that look like they came straight from the laundry, a long sleeve white shirt and a pair of black shoes with white socks. Never seen him in anything else and figure he'll be buried in that "suit". ;-)

Jeans under overalls don't work well - considerable restriction of movement with the two thick layers of cotton.
For wet weather I want to be wearing as little as possible, it's going to get soaked and it'll dry a lot faster and be a lot more comfortable if it's a light material. Polypropylene leggings for hiking, under shorts, are great, they simply don't hold water, they're warm and they don't restrict movement.
Took ages to find shorts comfortable, it simply wasn't the 'done thing' where I came from, but about everyone wears shorts all year round here.

I don't know how people walk in flipflops. Every time I've tried they fall off when you take a step. I wear the same as my dad always wore when I'm not in farm boots, don't really know why, everyone thought he was crazy in his Jesus sandals, probably they think I am too.

Some of you all are wound a little too tight. I've worn shorts and t shirts with boots on the pens, boots and shorts and a western hat, and everything between. I don't much care what people think I look like or wether they like it or not as long as I'm comfortable. And sometimes the shock value is it's own entertainment. And flip flops for the beach, poolside, or on a boat sometimes inshore. Now flips flops on a bike or in the pens....no way. I like my toes too much.

I usually wear one of my two pairs of boots

7148_zps687225e0.jpg

sandal-boots_zpsb1b15d99.jpg

No i really dislike seeing flops on anybody especially me. I work in jeans, tshirt, and steel toes. Tennis shoes if its really hot. I always have a cap on pretty much anywhere i go, even church. I have a felt 'cowboy hat' but never wear it unless its really cold. But even then i prefer a boggin to cover up my ears.

In the winter it's bibs and my steel toed hiking boots. In summer it's denim shorts and my hiking boots. Don't own a pair of flops but I do have a some crocks. They're almost the same thing, but different. They frequently get worn to the chicken pens but never the pasture.

:cboy: :cowboy: I wear shorts, T-shirt, cap, and tennis shoes while working. My brother wears leather boots and jeans. I am hot natured and try to stay cool.
I just realized that I may be the only one at the sale barn in shorts and tennis shoes. IF I am in the sun, I try to remember to wear a straw
hat and shades to protect my blue eyes(doctors orders). I an straight as an arrow just like Texasbred. :cowboy: 8) :cowboy: :cowboy:

Don McCallum":1omakrvd said:
:cboy: :cowboy: I wear shorts, T-shirt, cap, and tennis shoes while working. My brother wears leather boots and jeans. I am hot natured and try to stay cool.
I just realized that I may be the only one at the sale barn in shorts and tennis shoes. IF I am in the sun, I try to remember to wear a straw
hat and shades to protect my blue eyes(doctors orders). I an straight as an arrow just like Texasbred. :cowboy: 8) :cowboy: :cowboy:

I thought you were of Indian descent with tan skin?

I am of Indian descent, over one-eighth, and I guess (know) part Indians do get hot. My brother and sister both have a lighter complexion than I have.

I wear shorts, but I wear a leather pair of lace up ankle leather shoe/boots. Then in the house, or around the yard, I wear a pair of Crocs. They sure make my knees feel better.

Chuckie":1bt2wbp4 said:
I wear shorts, but I wear a leather pair of lace up ankle leather shoe/boots. Then in the house, or around the yard, I wear a pair of Crocs. They sure make my knees feel better.

Chuckie if you don't mind, here is the picture you sent me of you in your shorts and leather boots. :D
5ltnqf.png

inyati13":2callp17 said:
Chuckie":2callp17 said:

Chuckie if you don't mind, here is the picture you sent me of you in your shorts and leather boots. :D
5ltnqf.png

Your knees look fine to me Chuckie.

inyati13":10vuiisk said:
Chuckie":10vuiisk said:

5ltnqf.png
Man if she would sell her place and move down here I'd hire her just to drive me around. :mrgreen: :cowboy:

cow pollinater":2icy4h8h said:
I used to wear shorts all year long under my coveralls but since I cut back the breeding route and focused more on growing the ranch and farming end of things you won't see me in anything but wranglers and boots and it's pretty rare to catch me in a cap instead of a hat once I'm done with the dairies for the day. I have always been picky about having a shirt pocket that can hold a pen and notepad even when I wore shorts and about the only way that I can still have that is with western shirts so that's what I wear.
Carhartt tees shirts have pockets.

http://www.workwearusa.com/carhartt-sho ... 7AodSmEAmA

herofan":2f5ez57y said:
It seems like everybody "takes pride" in everything else they have. It was mentioned in another thread about how someone spent a lot of time cleaning up their farm , and another person said it was taking pride in your farm. People have to have their automobiles spotless, their lawns mowed perfectly and often, everything just so so in their house, yet people seem to not care about their personal appearance at all. I see people out and think, "It really took some effort to look that pitiful." They couldn't have picked a crappier looking pair of shorts, for example.

And I just love being at a restaurant and having a man's feet and hairy legs at the table beside me. It really does something for the appetite.
Don't be looking under his table. Enjoy your family at your table...or if necessary go to higher class restaurants that require you to sit there in your long pants looking pious. :nod:

Latest posts