I'm going back to flip flops

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
With all this talk of wearing flip flops and crocs and not being a man, I decided I'm man enough to wear boots if I'm going to need shoes of any sorts. So today I put a pair of swim trunks on with my boots since it's so hot. Now, today I'm smoking ribs and just now went to take them out of the foil. Lo and behold there's a lot of juice in that packet, and the ribs look great. But the packet decided to cave and make itself into a funnel for gravity to act upon. So all that wonderful juice spilled out. You guessed it. Right into the right boot. I think, but I'm not sure, I heard a sizzle. I'm not sure what prompted me to look down, maybe it was the aroma of feet and ribs, maybe it was the sizzle. But sure as heck right then it started to burn. I couldn't get that boot off quick enough. Had I been wearin flip flops, I could have flipped it off real quick like. Can't do that with a boot, especially when you're not wearing any socks either.
Time will tell of it blisters up or not but I refuse to wear boots now when boots aren't required. I ain't man enough to pull it off.

Hook":2lacemqo said:
For which woman cross? Your wife or the woman you pine over that isn't your wife? :shock:

Honestly Hook it was meant as a joke
I meant no offense
I thought it was so absurd you would see the humor in it.

Shanghai":10wmp7fr said:
Hook":10wmp7fr said:
For which woman cross? Your wife or the woman you pine over that isn't your wife? :shock:

Honestly Hook it was meant as a joke
I meant no offense
I thought it was so absurd you would see the humor in it.
I thought it was good. I probably over reacted because this **** hurts.

So today I put a pair of swim trunks on with my boots since it's so hot

Go on back to your flipflops, but throw on a full length skirt or apron so you won't get your footsies burned.

soooo hot here
Could you possibly whine a little more? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
It's Fla--it's August, it's SUPPOSED to be hot.
You starting to sound like one of those global warming folks.

greybeard":31zdgdo9 said:
So today I put a pair of swim trunks on with my boots since it's so hot

Go on back to your flipflops, but throw on a full length skirt or apron so you won't get your footsies burned.

soooo hot here
Could you possibly whine a little more? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
It's Fla--it's August, it's SUPPOSED to be hot.
You starting to sound like one of those global warming folks.

Have I mentioned I hate florida in the summer :mrgreen:

What a coincidence. The only time I've ever worn flip flops was the week following my burning the shyt out of my leg with five gallons of scalding must a year or two ago. I had to cut the top off of my wader just to be able to run the breeding route and wore my wife's flip flops and crocks everywhere for about a week.
Hope yours isn't that bad.

Hook, when smoking meat consistency is paramount so how can you expect to have consistent foods if you don't dress in a consistent appropriate manner? I'd suggest getting some BBQ attire. Special shoes - the more colorful the better - bowling alleys have a great selection, Jimmy Buffet style shirt, frayed shorts, a FUBAR hat and an apron that shows you are legit and mean business. I'd post a pic of my apron but this is a family board and am afraid some might not find the humor in it.

I saw your post this morning, and almost replied with a comment that you were starting the smoking task all wrong. You had bottled water in the pic instead of beer. Never herd of smoking without beer :lol2:

Ouchita you are so right. I've been trying to cut back on my beer consumption being that it's so hot (just for you gb)
I was cooking while my wife was mowing the yard and even commented to her that we had reversed the roles. That must have been my demise.
Jo, I've got to find an appropriate apron to wear. Something that suits my overall attitude towards life.

Hook":92d19p9v said:
Ouchita you are so right. I've been trying to cut back on my beer consumption being that it's so hot (just for you gb)
I was cooking while my wife was mowing the yard and even commented to her that we had reversed the roles. That must have been my demise.
Jo, I've got to find an appropriate apron to wear. Something that suits my overall attitude towards life.

Any apron can be manly, if you wear it backwards in the bedroom

Latest posts