Fixing crooked H-Frame

Help Support CattleToday:

From your original description of 600 foot with a 20° angle. I would stretch around the post. Not break the wire . It's only a direction change not a terminal. Same as the pipe brace I posted.
Regardless, never move the post to tighten the wire. A well set post dosent move .Get the post anchored properly and in need be splice on a piece of wire. And stretch it proper.

Not to make this as hard as possible. This is what I would do I would take the h brace apart. Pull the middle post and reset with concrete. Dig the hole where you have about 5 to 6 inches on the outside diameter of the post. Plumb and center the post and set in concrete. Also do not take the twist rods off after tightening the guide wires. The dead man cable will be in the way at sometime in the future. You will be riding along on the four wheeler and forget it is there and hit it. Cut you wires and lay aside and then pull the wires to the middle post and staple

Brute 23":31weiity said:
Don't use a dead man as a band aid for taking a short cut setting the original posts.

We have fences with far worse bends than that and the posts haven't moved in 50 years.

With all due respect brute...think about what you just said....

callmefence":30ljvohm said:
Fwiw it's not a bad idea to have a gate between you and a neighbor. Can sure be nice when the bull jumps out.
I'm not gonna insult anyone else's ways.
But I bet a,steak dinner I built more fence last month than anybody else in this conversation has built in their life. And have done it for 25 years. And I have to warranty every inch of it....

That along with you desire to always do it right the first time will insure your business is always sucessful.

callmefence":3c1iytn8 said:
Brute 23":3c1iytn8 said:
Don't use a dead man as a band aid for taking a short cut setting the original posts.

We have fences with far worse bends than that and the posts haven't moved in 50 years.

With all due respect brute...think about what you just said....

Ill translate it................do it right and don't do it like we did !!!

callmefence":o9wy2ggv said:
But I bet a,steak dinner I built more fence last month than anybody else in this conversation has built in their life.....

Ruh Roh. This might cost me a steak dinner !!!!!!

Dude !! I'd take that bet.

Grandaddy ran cattle. Dad ran cattle. My uncles ran cattle. Then I got married in 1980 to granddaddy inlaw and daddy in law that ran cattle. I've built a lot (a whole lot) of fences and pens in my 56 years. I even hired out building fences in the 70's (part time mind you not full time but I ran a lot of fence on weekends).

How many miles of fence did you run last month? This is you or this is you and hired hands? :lol: :lol:

Did I tell you about the Rhino Pens? That was a project. Rhino has to have a minimum of 11 acres to breed. So Rhino pens are slightly bigger than 11 acres. A friend of mine contracted Rhino pens. That was a project. I spent day after day on the end of a torch saddling 2 inch pipe rails to mate up to 8 inch posts. That went on for months. Those pens are out towards Chalk Mountain west of Glen Rose. Another part time job for quite some time.

backhoeboogie":89z70jdz said:
callmefence":89z70jdz said:
But I bet a,steak dinner I built more fence last month than anybody else in this conversation has built in their life.....

Grandaddy ran cattle. Dad ran cattle. My uncles ran cattle. Then I got married in 1980 to granddaddy inlaw and daddy in law that ran cattle. I've built a lot (a whole lot) of fences and pens in my 56 years. I even hired out building fences in the 70's (part time mind you not full time but I ran a lot of fence on weekends).

How many miles of fence did you run last month? This is you or this is you and hired hands? :lol: :lol:

Can I join yall for supper. while I have never done fencing for a living and CMF did not specify what kind of fence, I have done few miles of web wire , barb wire, and 2 strand electric fence for hogs with step in post all combined. Again IM NOT an expert but I do love a good steak

M-5":2vvn2dna said:
backhoeboogie":2vvn2dna said:
callmefence":2vvn2dna said:

Can I join yall for supper. while I have never done fencing for a living and CMF did not specify what kind of fence, I have done few miles of web wire , barb wire, and 2 strand electric fence for hogs with step in post all combined. Again IM NOT an expert but I do love a good steak

If doing the same fence twice adds up, I get a bunch of add on. Not only from my mistakes but wild fire burning all the wooden posts, idiots running off the road etc. That fence on the Brazos flood plain had to be replaced practically every three years until the drought hit.

backhoeboogie":26t9h4xc said:
M-5":26t9h4xc said:
backhoeboogie":26t9h4xc said:

If doing the same fence twice adds up, I get a bunch of add on. Not only from my mistakes but wild fire burning all the wooden posts, idiots running off the road etc. That fence on the Brazos flood plain had to be replaced practically every three years until the drought hit.

Be hard to figure boys . I built. 3 miles of just high fence last month. That's got a be x2 a few miles of barbwire. a little privacy and a couple of custom entries.
I guess we could use dollar value Idk. I'll go head and get the steaks and we'll hammer it out when y'all get here. Brute and bk y'all come on to.

Better idea well have a tpost driving contest for Who pays.
It'll be down the road from my place. There will be a wire pulled and post laid out just like a real fence job....if anybody ask your working for me..
Somebody pick up texas bred. ..

backhoeboogie":4wtxqbas said:
Did I tell you about the Rhino Pens? That was a project. Rhino has to have a minimum of 11 acres to breed. So Rhino pens are slightly bigger than 11 acres. A friend of mine contracted Rhino pens. That was a project. I spent day after day on the end of a torch saddling 2 inch pipe rails to mate up to 8 inch posts. That went on for months. Those pens are out towards Chalk Mountain west of Glen Rose. Another part time job for quite some time.

I bid the rhino pens at Cameron zoo in Waco. Didn't get the job. Still got the blueprints around somewhere
Speaking of chalk mountain. I did a big job about 15 years ago at the Comanche peak power plant. Has got to be the hardest rock on the planet. Supposed to be one of the reasons the built it there. It was also the highest security place I've ever worked in. That includes dozens of prisons ,military bases and a mint.
Cut a water line inside right beside one of the reactors. Man can those boys get exicited over a little water.

callmefence":17frog1t said:
Man can those boys get exicited over a little water.

You should have said hello while you were out here at the Peak. That's my day job.

Latest posts