Fitting videos

Help Support CattleToday:

klasqh

Reaction score
We are looking for a cattle fitting video to purchase - have done a google search and found the one from Premier Cattle Services - is $80. Is it worth it? Has anyone used this one or have a recommendation for another one? Will be going to a fitting clinic the end of February, but wanted to get started ahead of time just messing with a few calves. We are not planning to show for now, just get a few angus heifers ready for some small sales around us. Mostly just to try our hand at it, I guess. Husband had a neighbor build us a really nice steel chute, bought clippers, blower, combs and a show box for us for Christmas.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Kirk's videos or like you said attending fittin' clinics, i learned from watchin' and i ask questions, lots of stupid ones but i learn the answers!!

We bought the Stierwalt (sp) video. Awful video quality. My boys could have produced a better video. I wouldn't recommend that one. We did learn a few things, but it wasn't worth the money.

Save your money. Here is a link that does an excelent job of explaining fitting and grooming, including clipping. Check it out closely, and go out and start clipping. Everyone has to develop their own style, and nothing works better than a whole lot of practice. ;-)

http://dallas.tamu.edu/fitandshow/

Latest posts