fish recipes

Help Support CattleToday:

well he was friends with/in business with a fish market in 2 Rivers, WI, and they did the processing, while he supplied the fish-but those were the best fish i ever had. I have met one other man who is from Chicago who has had the same thing, so its definetely a WI/IL Lake michigan treat

I'd bet it's walleye or maybe spoonbill. Never had one of either but I've heard they are really good

More likely was salmon, trout or steelhead from Lake Michigan.

I like to keep it pretty simple with most fish. Fresh caught is sauteed with butter & a little kosher salt.
Buy the freshest fish you can find. If it's frozen, look for flash frozen on the label. It's not the same as fresh caught, but sometimes that's just not an option. The pouch works well with about any frozen fish. I use parchment in the oven, foil on the grill. Again... butter (hey I grew up in Wisconsin...a meal can't go by without butter or cheese), salt, maybe some fresh herbs if it's a mild fish, sometimes lemon & capers.
And, I agree with trying to stick with U.S. caught, but I know that's hard to find sometimes.

Good recipe for lake trout or any big fish for that matter...
cube the fish into 2 inch cubes
pour a quart of dill pickle juice over the cubes
slice an onion and put on top, cover and put in fridge overnight
when you are ready to cook them:
dip in egg wash roll in instant potato flakes
deep fry in peanut oil

serve with your favorite seafood sauce, Yum!

Latest posts