First Upgrade

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme

Reaction score
Melaina is a replacement raised here at Bright Raven. Dam is a Hudson Pine/Rocking P cow I purchased several years ago. Melaina's Sire was Casper the talking Angus Bull that no one on CT liked. They were right and he is now talking to someone in Bovine Heaven.

Calf:
Born Day 281.
Born 8:00 am EST 9/13/16
Unassisted.
Sire: Upgrade
Dam: Melaina
Heifer
95 pounds.

2afetj8.jpg

8xlw2d.jpg

At least you got a heifer I got 2 Upgrade bull calves last week really like the calves just hoping for heifers. You may want to keep that heifer or maybe I`ll trade you an upgrade bull for her. Ha ha

TC
It is not uncommon for Simmental heifers to be big out of cows. Upgrade will give them tons of bone and a good muscle base at birth, and Ron has a tendency to have bigger than average calves at his place. Upgrades are shaped right, and come out easy. I have so much Upgrade in my herd now, I need to start breeding a different direction. He has a ton of sons out there producing semen at bull studs.
Congrats on the heifer. Keep her, you have seen all the good Upgrade females I have in my herd in production. Each one is a keeper so far! I hope your next Upgrade is a heifer also!

jd720":zc4o93sg said:
At least you got a heifer I got 2 Upgrade bull calves last week really like the calves just hoping for heifers. You may want to keep that heifer or maybe I`ll trade you an upgrade bull for her. Ha ha

Thanks all.

She is doing great. She has a good momma.

Son of Butch. I spray their navel with iodine solution.

These are the Upgrade bull calves we had last week both born unassisted. I will be using Upgrade again in hopes of a heifer.

jd720":1no63hns said:
These are the Upgrade bull calves we had last week both born unassisted. I will be using Upgrade again in hopes of a heifer.

Very nice. Good luck getting a heifer.
:)

Mine have been really vigorous at birth, up and on the move right away. No issues with weights, first time heifers having them in the 80s.

Latest posts