First Charlais Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Ricker

Reaction score
Me and my brother got four new bulls this week. One was this, our first Charlais.
Let me know what you think. I took pics from all angles. Don't hold back.
400acres2-16-08024.jpg

400acres2-16-08021.jpg

400acres2-16-08018.jpg

400acres2-16-08013.jpg

400acres2-16-08010.jpg

400acres2-16-08009.jpg

400acres2-16-08006.jpg

400acres2-16-08004.jpg

400acres2-16-08002.jpg

Spelling correction.

"CHAROLAIS"

How old is he? He looks older than a 2 year old.

what are you trying to accomplish?
what are your herd goals?
what markets are you targeting?

Its confusing to see such a question because it makes you look like you have no idea what you are buying. Did he have any numbers or EPD's with him. Honestly he looks like an old bull in the face.

I am not trying to knock you but getting you to think about what you are buying and maybe asking before you buy. Your cowherd looks like a bunch of mixed cows and what not, I see some angus, brahma, some english genetics and I think I may see some Hereford influence as well.

Just because someone raised a bull does not mean he is breeding stock, just like heifers....Just because you had a heifer hit the ground does not mean its a breeding stock quality, there are gives and takes to this.

what do you do with your calf crop? sell at the sale? what can you support AUM wise? Is this an hobby or trying to be profitable?

Back to your original ?????, I do not like him, to long and seems old in the pictures.

hope I wasnt to harsh, I am not trying to be, just giving my opinion, take it for whats it worth. Really hope he does work out!

he is a nice thick muscled bull.he has the frame an body on him.an i agree with mike he is older than a 2yr old bull.with your cows he should throw some nice calves.

Did he come from the same place as the black bull in your other thread. If he has been on the same feeding program as that bull he'sprobably a lot better bull than he looks. If he has been on good feed and looks like that he is probably pretty old and sure not gonna be real productive. You're not giving a lot of info here?

I like him better than the black bull on the other thread as for as condition is concerned. Not a fan of Charolais bulls. But he'll do. He's nice and thick and long. I see he was dehorned. He looks older than 2 years old. Good luck with him.

You are buying these bulls at the sale barn aren't you,they are being sold as slaughter bulls?This bull is some guys herdsire that he sold,because he knew he was getting to old.I would peg that bull atleast 6yrs of age,that bull already has the hindend of a cow there is no muscle there anymore.If you plan on staying in the cattle business,you better start being more selective about what you are going to breed your cow's to.Quit buying junk!!!

Latest posts