First Calf...pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
here is the first calf from this young cow.
Mom:
SD Sweet Thing (She is our top 2 year old)
D.O.B. 2/22/04
Calf:
D.O.B. 3/30/06
DSC00141.JPG

Here's the dad, in the breeding pasture between shows. The above calf is his second calf on the ground, both heifers!

DSC00128.JPG

I think mom is doing a great job, and that the calf is already looking pretty awesome. What do ya'll think?

Ryan

Calf looks great - already good & deep - but bummer - you lost all that great COLOR!
Also, I've seen pics of your bull before - he is really good You have some really nice LH - and I don't like LH - but yours have some meat and style to them.

Nice Ryan,

I like looking at pics of your stock, because they dispell everyone's perception that longhorn's can't have meat on their bones. Keep up the good work!

Very nice, and I really like the color of the calf. The few longhorns you see around here pale in comparison to yours. Those are some meaty animals.

cfpinz

thanks for all the great comments. we are really excited about that cow and calf.

Nice pair, Ryan. Isn't that your Scorpion bull?

Too bad you missed the sale this past weekend. Lots of really good cattle. Prices weren't bad either.

Yes, that is Scorpion's Stinger. I heard that it was a real good sale. We were in Rockdale at the 3-day show.

Yall buy anything?

Yup. I got a nice 3 in 1 package from Fla. and a 3 yr. old cow from Panther Creek. Supposed to be safe in calf 7 mos.

Do you have the catalog? If so it was lots 6 and 60.

Sounds like a good weekend. I don't have a catalogue, but I'll be able to look at one this next weekend. Who was your Panther Creek purchase bred to? We bought one from them at the Legacy Sale II bred to Unlimited Tommie.

Ryan

I would consider those cattle excellent in any breed. There is a LH breeder near here that has cattle of that type and quality as well. Very few do.

greenwillowherefords":31e12tsp said:
I would consider those cattle excellent in any breed. There is a LH breeder near here that has cattle of that type and quality as well. Very few do.

Do you know the name of that breeder? If you don't mind me asking

Ryan

cypressfarms":10b4yesf said:
Nice Ryan,

I like looking at pics of your stock, because they dispell everyone's perception that longhorn's can't have meat on their bones. Keep up the good work!

Ditto to that! Long Horns with beef what a great concept!

We're working on it. We are by no means the only breeders doing this either. THere are lots of other breeders that have some very high quality longhorns that would fit right in with the a beef herd. i think the big thing now is increasing overall quality and predictability, but i guess everyone is working on that.

Ryan

Latest posts