Finishing out a beef

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
somn":uxs5jmq0 said:
I luv herfrds":uxs5jmq0 said:
"Hereford" people?
You call us immoral and forget about the animals being tested and found with BSE under the age of 30 months.
HOW DARE YOU!
You brought this all up not us. Now that there are other people disagreeing with you you come after me and the breed industry that I belong to. I will not tolerate that nor would any other breeder of a different breed.
If you can't stand the fact that we are not supporting your stand back out of this thread.
You are critizing me as both a person and a cattle producer and know nothing about me.
The LAW allows for me to sell to friends and family.
Thats correct your username is I luv herfrds it was directed towards you. If you don't like the fact that by slaughtering OTM cattle with cuts containing SRM's that present a sufficent risk of exposing people to the BSE agent then stop doing it. I don't care if you support me or not the facts are facts atleast the government attempts to provide a safe suply of food for humans. SRM's are unfit for human food. Look it up.

Wow, I had to do a search on SRM to figure out what it means, Specified risk material, that is really out there for a ranch produced product to a private party. If you are that worried about BSE or other problems you should maybe eat carrots. So that I get this straight.... you don't like OTM because of SRM and more important BSE. Correct? ...:shock:

Maybe you are a candidate for vegan.

Alan

somn":32sck203 said:
mnmtranching":32sck203 said:
Somn, Do you know that almost all the imported beef to the US is beef from cattle over 30 months. [except Canada]

And our domestic supply is about 10,000 head per day of cattle over 30 months.

Man were all gonna die :shock: :help: :help: :help:
And Mr. glysophate chimes in. Please tell us man of inaccurate numbers just how many pounds of beef is imported annually? Now how many pounds of those imports are SRM's? Also please tell us of those 10,000 head per day domestic supply OTM cattle how many pounds of that is SRM's? When you finish with that tell us all again how roundup wears off. Best thing about debating anything with you is I don't need to back you into a hole you do a real good job of it yourself.

Somn :shock: Talk about digging a hole. MAN YOU GOT a big shovel. :help: :help:

somn":2ulzte23 said:
mnmtranching":2ulzte23 said:
Somn, Do you know that almost all the imported beef to the US is beef from cattle over 30 months. [except Canada]

And Mr. glysophate chimes in. Please tell us man of inaccurate numbers just how many pounds of beef is imported annually? Now how many pounds of those imports are SRM's? Also please tell us of those 10,000 head per day domestic supply OTM cattle how many pounds of that is SRM's? When you finish with that tell us all again how roundup wears off. Best thing about debating anything with you is I don't need to back you into a hole you do a real good job of it yourself.

Oh! I'm cooking pop corn for this it could get fun! :D :D All it has proved is you are a fu%&#*% idiot somn, again be a vegan.

Alan

somn":6nfwr6g1 said:
hillsdown":6nfwr6g1 said:
come on people time to pull your head out of your #sses and start demanding as an industry that we want 100 percent testing of all animals................
Problem there is testing costs around $20.00 according to Creekstone and the packer really only loses $4.00 thru loss of small intestine sales and $9.00 thru loss of bone in cuts per head. Not worth the $20.00 they would spend. However if I knew that by having every animal tested before a USDA inspection was completed it would again open the borders for export to all countries I wouldn't mind paying the difference at all. I feel that our market was discounted around $21.00 per head on account of the Japanese and Korean restrictions

I think that all producers large and small would agree with doing this and that in the long run it would open borders up for Canadian beef and American beef; also it will open up exports for the dairy industry.Which will in the end put more money in the pockets of those that are getting screwed the most ,,,,,,PRODUCERS>>>>>

Some SRM such as the brain, spinal cord,etc should be removed from all animals OTM and UTM.

Also at which point did you read that ILH,s animals are butchered and SRM is left in.I have re-read this many times and still miss it?

Many people butcher OTM cattle but remove SRM.I am sure that is more reliable than buying from your local grocery store.

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts, and I am not "sticking up for" nor am I going to "pounce on" anyone.

...because I for one have had a cow go in and come out burger.

The point I think for OTM butchering cattle is "NO bone in meat cuts, or cuts that are close to brain stem/spinal" there could be someone else that could describe this better, but I leave the details of this up to my butcher as he is the one trained in this process. AND I TRUST him to know his business. He is told when I have brought in an OTM.

So self-raised OTM cattle are not as a concern to me as fast food chains or grocery store meat, for example. But when I first read the OTM post, my thought was the amount of cutting loss BECAUSE of the OTM limitations. And the question,

Does Canada have the same OTM limitations at the processor? For that matter, I guess I don't even know if it is the same from state to state. I know Wisconsin. (or leave it up to my WI processor ;-)

Michele

mnmtranching":7uwrqm4h said:
somn":7uwrqm4h said:
mnmtranching":7uwrqm4h said:

Somn :shock: Talk about digging a hole. MAN YOU GOT a big shovel. :help: :help:
Good answer you came up with Mr. Glysophate. Show me the numbers.

Alan":w3ftoiso said:
somn":w3ftoiso said:
mnmtranching":w3ftoiso said:

Oh! I'm cooking pop corn for this it could get fun! :D :D All it has proved is you are a fu%&#*% idiot somn, again be a vegan.

Alan
Okay Alan the smart one tell me the numbers. When you get done with that tell me why is it do you suppose SRM's are considered unfit for human consumption? Do you suppose it is because that is were all BSE agents have been detected?

Alan":355sv6fb said:
Wow, I had to do a search on SRM to figure out what it means, Specified risk material
Talk about WOW. That statement speaks volumes about your intellegence and your lack of education of BSE and the cattle industry in general.

somn":3d2f36cs said:
Alan":3d2f36cs said:
somn":3d2f36cs said:
mnmtranching":3d2f36cs said:

Alan
Okay Alan the smart one tell me the numbers. When you get done with that tell me why is it do you suppose SRM's are considered unfit for human consumption? Do you suppose it is because that is were all BSE agents have been detected?

Nice answer, why don't you save all of us the problem and you state the numbers? ..............................................................................................................

Oh ya, please give us the pleasure of your references.

If I read things correct, a 30 month + butcher bovine off a private ranch has a higher risk of Mad Cow than a less than 30 month butcher bovine off a private ranch... is that correct?

Alan

Somn if your going to call me names :x Would you at least get the spelling correct :?:

I.m not Mr; Glysophate, I'm Mr Glyphosate OK!!!

mnmtranching":2dder790 said:
Somn if your going to call me names :x Would you at least get the spelling correct :?:

I.m not Mr; Glysophate, I'm Mr Glyphosate OK!!!
Good answer. How about those numbers otherwise just tell us about how that roundup wears off again.

Alan":2fdcyy20 said:

If I read things correct, a 30 month + butcher bovine off a private ranch has a higher risk of Mad Cow than a less than 30 month butcher bovine off a private ranch... is that correct?

Alan
First of it makes absolutly no difference if it is a private ranch, a public ranch, or a zoo. The risk is all the same. It might really do you some good to read up about BSE before making yourself look even less educated about BSE if thats possible.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/rdad/FRPubs/03-025F.pdf

somn":wqbdpduh said:
Alan":wqbdpduh said:

Alan
First of it makes absolutly no difference if it is a private ranch, a public ranch, or a zoo. The risk is all the same. It might really do you some good to read up about BSE before making yourself look even less educated about BSE if thats possible.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/rdad/FRPubs/03-025F.pdf

So I have the same amount of risk from zoo raised beef? Sounds right by your logic :roll:

Somn, Do you have the same problem with #'s like you do with letters :?: REAL sorry :( But you'll need to go someplace else for help because I don't have the time or the training to be of much assistance in that area. :( :(

mnmtranching":1wi54cpn said:
Somn, Do you have the same problem with #'s like you do with letters :?: REAL sorry :( But you'll need to go someplace else for help because I don't have the time or the training to be of much assistance in that area. :( :(
Yet another good answer from the Weed farmer from MN who thinks round up wears off. Be man and grow a set you were shooting off your mouth about it and now you have nothing to say.

somn":1unkj786 said:
mnmtranching":1unkj786 said:
Yet another good answer from the Weed farmer from MN who thinks round up wears off. Be man and grow a set you were shooting off your mouth about it and now you have nothing to say.

Another good solid answer from the vegan, be proud of yourself... :roll:

This whole thread is why packers Like Tyson and Cargill are sitting back counting their money and laughing their Be Nice's off.
:roll: :roll:

They love it when we can not agree so they end up doing what ever they want.Screwing us all the way to the bank....

Alan":3rjd8z1c said:
somn":3rjd8z1c said:
mnmtranching":3rjd8z1c said:

Another good solid answer from the vegan, be proud of yourself... :roll:
Is that the best you got name calling? Boy you are a neat fella. What grade you in third? Worse yet it must really make you mad that someone you call a vegan knows more about BSE, cattle and what cuts of meat can be considered SRM's than you do huh. Boy that has got to be embarrassing.

Hillsdown, Nope, but your close :) It's the BIG three.

Tyson, Cargill and Somn. opps :oops: :oops:

I mean Somn, Tyson and Cargill.

mnmtranching":1j80p0ay said:
Hillsdown, Nope, but your close :) It's the BIG three.

Tyson, Cargill and Somn. opps :oops: :oops:

I mean Somn, Tyson and Cargill.
How you coming with those numbers mnmtranching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts