FINAL CIDR UPDATE

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
My awesome fleckvieh heifer was checked today. And the my vet that i trust said that she is 5-6 months bred.
I had some brahman checked that were 4 months bred, and I know the exact date they were bred, so that vet was very confident that the heifer is 5-6 months bred. HE said if she is not she must have swallowed a goat :lol: .

5-6 months means that this heifer bred in October. My red angus plus bull was observed mounting her.

The vet at the brahman ranch has been used for years and they ranch owner trust him. The vet discovered the cidr and that the heifer had an infection. She had become cystic as well, the cysts was taken care of with a shot of cysterella.BUt if this heifer is 5-6 months bred , then the calf was their when she had the infection and cysts and it survived.

BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT SHE IS BRED AND I AM VERY HAPPY :D

I don't think it's immaculate conception when the bull breeds them. It's called reproduction.
ollie?":2iakabjl said:
Your man on the scene said she cycled every week.
Several people that have worked for you in the cows reproductive tract can't even find a cidr, much less a pregnancy.
LEAVE THE COW ALONE. Don't induce. You're going to have her so messed up that a magician can't get her bred. She's very likely pregnant and your man doesn't know it. Good grief.

I'm a bit worried about the goat part of the story.

Is he saying he found horns in there?

Good result. Lot of worry about nothing by the sound of it.

Victoria":1sgw8v7f said:
Glad she is bred and glad you are happy, although I think I got lost somewhere along in this story! :lol2:

Read some of the previous posts they have CIDR in the problem.

And the vet was refering to the size of the calf when he said she swallowed a goat.

ollie?":39642qhr said:
I don't think it's immaculate conception when the bull breeds them. It's called reproduction.
ollie?":39642qhr said:
Several people that have worked for you in the cows reproductive tract can't even find a cidr, much less a pregnancy.
LEAVE THE COW ALONE. Don't induce. You're going to have her so messed up that a magician can't get her bred. She's very likely pregnant and your man doesn't know it. Good grief.

With a uterine infection and cystic ovaries?????

TexasBred":8ed71sin said:
ollie?":8ed71sin said:
ollie?":8ed71sin said:

With a uterine infection and cystic ovaries?????
She had a vaginal infection and a CL, not a uterine infection and cystic.

Ollie that info must be on another thread. It's not what he said here:

The vet at the brahman ranch has been used for years and they ranch owner trust him. The vet discovered the cidr and that the heifer had an infection. She had become cystic as well, the cysts was taken care of with a shot of cysterella.BUt if this heifer is 5-6 months bred , then the calf was their when she had the infection and cysts and it survived.

I do not know if it was a vaginal or uterus. The ranch owner said that she had a nasty infection inside her,but I do not know where.

Latest posts