fight to the death !

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Got home yestarday hop on tractor going over to the shed to change bushog an put on bale spear on decided to wack a few weed on the way ! now keep in mind we havent had rain for week ! went through a low spot didnt see any water standing ,but i knew it would be soft ,man ! was it soft .an you would have thought i got into a hornets nest to watch me swat an beat myself .one word . Mosquito !

I just happen to run over a hornets nest earlier this week while teddering hay! Talk about swinging for the fences! I managed to not get stung, but they were all over the hood of the tractor!

Got in fireants this morning. Must have had a few hundred on my legs. Took nearly an hour to kill them all. Those things can hide. I think I'll be buying some insecticide the first of the week and going off label and teaching these suckers a lesson.

Had a fellow get stung to death by bees while mowing his lawn yesterday. The bees were from his own hives. I suppose they must have become africanized.....lived about 2 hours east of me.

TN Cattle Man":1lxcnd6x said:
I just happen to run over a hornets nest earlier this week while teddering hay! Talk about swinging for the fences! I managed to not get stung, but they were all over the hood of the tractor!

Been there with yellowjackets. Stopped. Switched the tractor off. Minimized my breathing, bc they are attracted to carbon dioxide. They were literally all over everything, including my legs. I stayed calm for about 5 minutes but then my nerves couldn't take it because they weren't leaving. I jumped and made a run for it. Never got bit. Let them have the tractor for the night, then went and retrieved it early the next morning. I also thought they might be thirsty so I carried them a quart of gasoline to drink with their breakfast :lol:

JMJ, I would have been terrified! But good to know about the carbon dioxide.

My husband just got nailed by a locust in the Polaris today, it actually flew in between his lips, latched on & started Bzzzzzzzzzing. He's traumatized. My stomach still hurts from laughing. :lol2:

TCRanch":11kcf8ag said:

My husband just got nailed by a locust in the Polaris today, it actually flew in between his lips, latched on & started Bzzzzzzzzzing. He's traumatized. My stomach still hurts from laughing. :lol2:

:lol: That's too funny. I would be traumatized too!

TCRanch":3b8aufn6 said:

It could have been worse....could have been a dung beetle. :lol:

TexasBred":3i8p46qw said:
TCRanch":3i8p46qw said:

Hate them!!! One flew into/subsequently got stuck in my pony tail as I ripped out copious amounts of hair while running around the barn, screaming like an idiot. Eweeeee!!!

TCRanch":b039fyqu said:
TexasBred":b039fyqu said:
TCRanch":b039fyqu said:

Hate them!!! One flew into/subsequently got stuck in my pony tail as I ripped out copious amounts of hair while running around the barn, screaming like an idiot. Eweeeee!!!

Would have loved to see that. :lol: It would have been a hit on YouTube.

mooo":29lnw0gr said:
i knew it would be soft ,man ! was it soft .an you would have thought i got into a hornets nest to watch me swat an beat myself .one word . Mosquito!
I hear ya, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
We've must've had a record crop of them here, can't remember a worse year.

TexasBred":1jmbp7yx said:
TCRanch":1jmbp7yx said:

We do not have enough dung beetles they stir up and bury the manure therefore the face fly eggs do not hatch.

I was working under my ATV trying to find the connection point for a dangling wire, out of nowhere a yellow jacket stung me on my arm for no good reason.. felt like a drop of scalding hot oil... #$% bugger got away since I was in too much danger of clunking my head on the footpegs getting up. Last year was a really bad year for them, I found about 6 nests.. I have an old stainless steel fire extinguisher I 'repurposed'.. filled it with diesel and put a stream nozzle on it, soaked them and lit it.. worked awesome!

Here's a really good story about hitting a wasp nest
http://www.procutportablesawmills.com/wasps_nest.html

Nesikep":2dv7nufx said:
I was working under my ATV trying to find the connection point for a dangling wire, out of nowhere a yellow jacket stung me on my arm for no good reason.. felt like a drop of scalding hot oil... #$% bugger got away since I was in too much danger of clunking my head on the footpegs getting up. Last year was a really bad year for them, I found about 6 nests.. I have an old stainless steel fire extinguisher I 'repurposed'.. filled it with diesel and put a stream nozzle on it, soaked them and lit it.. worked awesome!

Here's a really good story about hitting a wasp nest
http://www.procutportablesawmills.com/wasps_nest.html

Wow. He was in a tight spot.

well now its spiders an cob webs every where on top of everything else,aint nothing like swatting at somthing you can not see !!!

Latest posts