Fiat 130-90 w/28 disc plow

Help Support CattleToday:

whitewing

Reaction score
The mechanic loves this machine at the price, 130,000 bolivares. The owner even did a plowing demo for us and it does seem to have plenty of power, 130 hp according to the mechanic. The plow needs new discs.

Tomorrow we look at a JD 4240.

100_2690.jpg

100_2695.jpg

100_2694-1.jpg

My bias is based on a long ago incident where a buddy bought a Fiat auto. A nifty two seater. It had been re-possessed after a year and sat on a lot for another year before he bought it at auction.
The brake lines, the floor pan, everything on that little pos was rusted through. He didn't pay much but he sure didn't get much.
Fiat tractors are just orphans around here. Yer' on your own for parts and such, especially if they are in the age range you picture.

When you talked about a disk plow I thought you meant what we call a disk plow which is basicly a disk mounted crossways and actaully does the plowing.

Angus Cowman":2zenc0i5 said:
dun":2zenc0i5 said:
When you talked about a disk plow I thought you meant what we call a disk plow which is basicly a disk mounted crossways and actaully does the plowing.
yep what he is showing is referred to as a
new ground disc,Taylor-way, or offset disc

When he said plow. I thought he meant moldboard plow, oops.

That 4240 must be like the 4250's here, they had a ZF front end instead of Deere, but they are heavy and work good. If that 4240 is in good shape you won't have to do anything to it but dump in fuel. Buy the Deere and take care of it and you won't be sorry.

Larry

Latest posts