Fencing Coluee's

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Seen this add on the board selling special t post for fencing across gully's and such, I didn't go into what they cost or how many you had to buy. The simplest way to solve this problem is with two bags of ready mix.
Drive the t post through the two bags of concrete and it hardens around them, no matter how wet it gets it is not pulling out of the ground.

Caustic Burno":1fnq0pn5 said:
Seen this add on the board selling special t post for fencing across gully's and such, I didn't go into what they cost or how many you had to buy. The simplest way to solve this problem is with two bags of ready mix.
Drive the t post through the two bags of concrete and it hardens around them, no matter how wet it gets it is not pulling out of the ground.
Sounds good except how do you get them out when the water and debris bend the post?
Well I had to come back. I guess your not talking about a creek. I can see where it would work darn good keeping the fence stretched in those places where the wire drops.

novatech":2e0aznqn said:
Caustic Burno":2e0aznqn said:
Sounds good except how do you get them out when the water and debris bend the post?
Well I had to come back. I guess your not talking about a creek. I can see where it would work darn good keeping the fence stretched in those places where the wire drops.

I am not talking about a watergap this works good for low spots and ditches.
For a water gap I have 12 inch pipe buried 8 feet deep on both sides of the creek with four feet above ground. There is a cable stretched from each side side joined by cable clamps if a large object hits the cables the clamp gives letting the gap blow out. Takes me five minutes to put it back up after the water goes down.

tytower":3ndumlbq said:
I just wondered what sort of cable clamp u use?
I liked the concrete bag trick

Called a cable clamp at the hardware store, I will try and explain. It is a u bolt style pulling tight against a block that has a cable diameter slot in it. Now these will hold almost as well as a single cable. I tighten it up enough to hold I don't put the Alley Oop on it. I want them to slip in the event a log comes down the creek, it is much easier to put the cable back up than rebuild the whole water gap.

Caustic Burno":1wyh1ti9 said:

Good idea!!! :tiphat:

Latest posts