fence fork tpost clips?

Help Support CattleToday:

I've never seen them, but that's one of those "Why didn't someone think of this years ago" type of things. I just finished putting on hundreds upon hundreds of the common style. That type there could have saved me a lot of time, wrist pain, and blood loss. I'll be trying them on the next fence I build. Thanks

$6.35/100 :eek: at Atwoods:--a North East Texas version of TSC (but bigger).
The tool was about $15. (I figured I could make one easy enough.)

I love it when I find an old bag of clips in an old forgotten bucket. Those old clips are so much better than the average ones you get today. Good clips makes the job much easier... not sure if this new style fits that bill. Having another tool to have to keep up with doesn't excite me either.

1982vett":38zul4bt said:
I love it when I find an old bag of clips in an old forgotten bucket. Those old clips are so much better than the average ones you get today. Good clips makes the job much easier... not sure if this new style fits that bill. Having another tool to have to keep up with doesn't excite me either.
I agree with that--the older clips were heavier and galvanize. Newer ones seem to be closer to aluminum.

Dave,
I like both sides of the clips to be bent/twisted completely around the wire--not just one side hooked and the other side be the only one twisted around the wire.
Personal preference I guess, but I do not like this:
t-post_clip_photo_01.jpg

The tool dun linked to, will do both ends completely around the wire and twisted tight. I like it too.
wrapped-t-post-clip2.jpg

greybeard":2dsj1h9y said:
1982vett":2dsj1h9y said:
I agree with that--the older clips were heavier and galvanize. Newer ones seem to be closer to aluminum.

Dave,
I like both sides of the clips to be bent/twisted completely around the wire--not just one side hooked and the other side be the only one twisted around the wire.

The tool dun linked to, will do both ends completely around the wire and twisted tight. I like it too.
Works slick as snot for taking them back off too.

dun":1yzs1e1o said:
This is what I use, handy as a pocket on a shirt. Been using it for about 6-7 years
http://fenceprotool.com/

A piece of 1" wide steel with a hole drilled in it works well also.

I don't like to use too heavy wire when fixing to a T post. I prefer the connection to give if something like a big branch falls across it or something runs through, saves a bit of damage.

Ken

I don't know about the clips, but I do know the boy does not know how to put on clips. The new clips may be great but the video is a bunch of put-on.

BRYANT":1pqqv5mn said:
I don't know about the clips, but I do know the boy does not know how to put on clips. The new clips may be great but the video is a bunch of put-on.
Maybe not Bryant--there really are people in the world that are just that dumb.

greybeard":3bqpmxdw said:
BRYANT":3bqpmxdw said:
Maybe not Bryant--there really are people in the world that are just that dumb.

I did not say the boy was dumb but they did make it look harder to put the old clips on than it is. I am not knocking the clips if you like them use them I might even try them BUT the old ones are not as hard to use as the video makes them out to be.

I didn't say he was dumb either. He reminds me of the cartoon movie I had to endure one time, where the femme fatale told someone "I'm not really a bad woman, they just drew me that way"

I make something similiar to dun's device out of a 5/16" bolt and an 1/8" hole drilled in it. Costs pennies to make and lasts longer than I will.

Latest posts