Feedyard pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score
I was unclogging the grain bin last month and took a break to snap this pic of the the steer group. These calves were born from last Feb thru April. They ranged from 550-890# when I sold them on Jan 9.
20151204_171136_zpssqq33sbu.jpg

Only one sold as a single. Can you pick him out?

Son of Butch":19vfqg2k said:
Oh yeah, there he is, that black one...I think his ear tag says Oscar on it.
You got good eyes if you can read those ear tags :shock: :roll: but i think it`s the red one

ez14":m50wzqxp said:
Son of Butch":m50wzqxp said:
Oh yeah, there he is, that black one...I think his ear tag says Oscar on it.
You got good eyes if you can read those ear tags :shock: :roll: but i think it`s the red one
Yep the RWF.

Lazy M":2sltol18 said:
I was unclogging the grain bin last month and took a break to snap this pic of the the steer group. These calves were born from last Feb thru April. They ranged from 550-890# when I sold them on Jan 9.

Just curious what you feed em ? Hay or silage or a mix of both ? I am always interested in what other farmers feed. I finish cattle out so i dont know much about backgrounding feed rations. Just curious

pa farmhand":14ufmfd3 said:
Lazy M":14ufmfd3 said:

Just curious what you feed em ? Hay or silage or a mix of both ? I am always interested in what other farmers feed. I finish cattle out so i dont know much about backgrounding feed rations. Just curious
I feed a corn gluten based complete feed made by ADM. I slowly worked this group up to about 7.5 lbs/day/hd. I weaned them in Nov and fed them for around 60 days.

sim.-ang.king":3r2zw0eb said:
Good looking group!
I would of sorted off the white face for the sale barn, and fed the solids. :mrgreen:
I'd love to feed out a group but that mud gets old..plus the wife starts complaining that we need to cash in :cowboy:

Latest posts