Reaction score
Some pictures of the cows and such from a few days ago

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

The one pic looks like those cows are harnessed up to the house dragging it!

cfpinz

Nice pictures. That looks cold; really, really cold. I was cold yesterday morning as it was in the lower thirties and I was cold yesterday afternoon when it was in the upper 50's and windy. I do think I'd freeze my skeester off up there feeding the cows but I sure would enjoy the scenery.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Most of those pictures were taken when it actually wasn't that cold. Just below the freezing mark. In the 0* -10* C range. Now, it IS really cold here, in the -20 and -30's

Randi...I see you already got the ladder up on the roof. Guess you're already planning on patching it come spring?? :p

randiliana":vg80gh9m said:

Curiosity has gotten to me, so I'll ask.

Why is there a ladder attached to the roof? It seems to be heading towards the opening in the roof, so what's the purpose of the roof opening?

Thanks.

Man was gonna clean the chimney...chimney collapsed thus the hole. You can see where the chimney sweep fell and broke one rung off the ladder. He reached out and grabbed the gutter or a board and hung onto it til he fell on off...the board/gutter is still hanging. The cows is standing guard til he regains his senses. A picture is worth a thousand words. :lol: :lol:

That ol' house reminds me of when I use to haul hay as a young man. Nobody had a barn. Always just an old house and you either shoved everything thru the window into the bedroom or came thru the front door and took it to the kitchen. Nail a couple of 1 by 4's across the doors and windows when you finished just like that hay was gonna run off.

Great pictures, as always. That old house looks a lot like the one my grandfather lived in when I was a child. Brings back good memories.

TexasBred":1l008aki said:
That ol' house reminds me of when I use to haul hay as a young man. Nobody had a barn. Always just an old house and you either shoved everything thru the window into the bedroom or came thru the front door and took it to the kitchen.

Done that many times growing up.

Nice pics Randi

Latest posts