Favorite Operation

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
As a whole, what purebred operation do you regard as among your favorites? Largent & Sons, Wiese & Sons, Schutte & Schutte, Flying G Ranch, Day Herefords are among mine.

Point of Rocks Ranch. Owned by the Largent Family. I believe they are related to the Largents of Wyoming. The Largent family has a history with the Hereford breed dating back to the 1800's.

SF":304f2vme said:
Point of Rocks Ranch. Owned by the Largent Family. I believe they are related to the Largents of Wyoming. The Largent family has a history with the Hereford breed dating back to the 1800's.

Didn't they own part of S Titan 7777. That's son of Titan 23D. The one ya'll were ripping the other day? :shock:

I think S&S's honesty about their BW's and their calving ease (Old Hereford characteristics) says alot about their operation. Even though they are above breed average in these areas, they keep running their operation the same way (what works) instead of chasing trends for the sake of CE EPD's. They are also usually in the top ten in the nation for DOD's each year.

My favorites are Star Lake Cattle Ranch, Knoll Crest Farm, Mohican West and Mohican Polled Hereford FMS, Triple L Ranch, and Boyd Beef Cattle. These are my favorite. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":jgrvbrac said:
My favorites are Star Lake Cattle Ranch, Knoll Crest Farm, Mohican West and Mohican Polled Hereford FMS, Triple L Ranch, and Boyd Beef Cattle. These are my favorite. :cboy:

I like the Triple L folks, and a friend once said that Boyd had the most beautiful cattle he'd ever seen.

From a hereford standpoint, I really like the cattle at Colyers and Barber. These cattle really express a lot of muscle. In other breeds, I think we could all learn a lot from Gardiners (angus), Fink (angus/charolais) and M6 Charolais. These ranches are as entrepreneurial and well-managed as any cattle operations I have seen.

Latest posts