Favorite Memories with cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

My senior year at our National Show. I was showing 13 animals in the show, but I had one that I knew should do good. She won her class. Then came the Junior Championship drive. Since they break the classes up at our National Show into classes of no more than 10, there were probably 10 - 12 heifers vying for junior champion. I was in the 2nd to last class. The judge took a while to pick her champion, but I knew it was between me or 2 others the way she was observing. She walked around all the animals then looked at mine all the way around and the one behind me the same, and then the one at the other end of the arena she was also thinking about. The she gave her little speech that they give, and gave each animal another once over. She finally came to the back end of my animal, like she could slap mine on the rear or shake the hand of the exhibitor behind me... well she actually just wanted to look at the other side of our animals again. I thought she was heading back to the middle of the arena but she stopped right behind me, I kind of lost her for 1/2 a second while i was stepping to the side, and when I saw her again she had her hand out to shake my hand. It was the most tense time in the show ring for me in all of my ~19 years of showing, and still the only time I've ever been nervous in the show ring. I almost hugged her. Top that moment off my best friend got reserve Junior. Once I had Jr. Champ with that heifer I knew I had overall champion in the bag with her, as well, and my friend also got reserve grand overall. It was a great way to go out of the youth, and my friend and i ended up winning showmanship, too. This time he got 1st and I got 2nd.

Ryan

last weekend when i showed up to a show 10 minutes left to weigh in 6 calves and 11 hogs and i got them all weighed in and got their cards filled out then i had 20 minutes to get ready for the beef show after i got every thing ready and me and my friend had every one of them ready to go and i got a res with the heifer i spent the least time with

the best memory i had was when i purchased my first steer.

a lady in the area is a 4h leader and her dad breeds club calf cattle in indiana and he brought 4 steers down four three kids and the last steer left went to the 4h club....well state fair rolled around and i was looking for a steer and we asked him if he had a steer or could get one for us and he said that he didnt know of any steers in his area and he didnt have any left from his herd.....the next day he came to us and said that if we really wanted a steer we could have the 4h steer......we took it

bvefore they sold it to me they went to the other three kids that bought steers before and asked if they wanted to trade and they said no......well i got the 4h steer

three months later when county fair weigh in came my steer was turning some heads........ at county fair i was grand steer and i was so surprised.

i dont have a show memory,yet but i do have what she asked for...a favorite cow memory.

my absolute favorite is everyday when i get to brush out my baby, fatty, and walkin fat mollie. :heart:

Latest posts