Favorite fishing knot

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Whats the knot you tie the most often for fishing?
Just curious.
Clinch knot, improved clinch, palomar, uni knot?
What is it?

Nail knot for mono, palomar for braided line. Dropper loop for bait fish, and snell for bottom fish. I did quite a bit of longlining and all your tackle is crimped, which I have been told is stronger than a knot.

I usually tie the common negro knot. Problem is the dang thing never wants to work for me.

Most of the time it's a double overhand granny knot - similar to hooks favorite knot. Just joking, it's always the palomar. There may be better knots but the palomar is about as strong and the line and its fairly easy to tie. JMO

Straight clinch and always spit on the knot to lube it. especially with flourocarbon!

hooknline":mi5kuu8g said:
I usually tie the common negro knot. Problem is the dang thing never wants to work for me.
1st knot I ever learned and still used often but not for fishing. Have always used the palomar.

Improved clinch upto 100lb test.

Snell is awesome for circle hooks

works well
2008314.jpg

I put the end of the line through the eye of the hook then bring it back on It's self and then spin the hook around 6 or 7 times. Stick the end of line back through the eye again then through the loop that made. Spit on it hold the end with my teeth and pull the hook and line with my hands tightening the knot.
My daddy said that was the way to do it when I was a boy and I still use it. I think its an improved clinch.

Great fish Bill! I'd love to do that one day.

Latest posts