Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Limousin X Angus

• None of the Above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ROCK-N-W":1c83jd8h said:
Don't know whats worse flooding or draught been thru both lately, bottom line cows still got nutten to eat.

Whichever one you're having at the time

None of the above.

For steers n terminal heifers:

Murray Grey X Limo
Square Meater X Limo
Limo X Shaver
Limo X Shaver X Shorthorn
Charry X Shorthorn
Limo X Charry X Shorthorn
Murray grey X Charry

and some other mixes of these

(And for prettiest, its hard to beat a Shorthorn X Hereford with Hford whiteface and roan on the red bits)

For cows I go mainly purebred. Murray Grey, Square Meater, Shaver, Shorthorn.

Whichever one you're having at the time

Last couple years we had draught the big O was down 19 feet.
its down 4 now and all the rain has been in the last 6-8 weeks,
Pastures are knee deep my cows are actually putting thier heads under water to pull up grass. Then when the water runs off it will sour, and sickness spreads with flood so it can lay off any time now for me. Seems like We have really ticked off Mother Nature no balance to the weather. So Dun both are bad you send me a little dry weather and Fill free to come fill all the buckets of water ya want.
Driven:
Something with ear. What a skewed poll. Typical angus ploy.
No wonder over half voted none of the above. Same old same old
Man I got Brahms & Brangus too actually for this enviorment here they are best suited, butt..... Thats not what the market is calling for my short ears pick up to another .50 cents a lb. I am in this to make a living but I still like a lot of my ole Brahma cows got one I call Honey Suckle shes the queen boss lady, brings them all too me when I holler. It's all good no matter what you raise as long as ya keepum fat and happy. She will have a choice of a fat Black Boy or a Fat White Boy keeping my herd politically correct, hows them apples...

Now, it seems everybody has there own taste and that is great! The beef industry would not be fun to be apart if we all raised Hereford X Angus or Char X Angus or whatever, we are different and that is good because if your getting great calves out of the Hereford X Angus cross or the Char X Angus cross or whatever cross, you can share that knowledge with other fellow cattlemen to maybe improve there cowherds and to make there calves heavier at weaning.

THG

my favorite crosses are:
beefmaster x angus
brahman x hereford
brahman x angus

i aslo like:
beefmaster x hereford
beefmaster x simmental
beefmaster x charolais

hereford x brangus
brahman x anything

Beefy":1rb398co said:
my favorite crosses are:
beefmaster x angus
brahman x hereford
brahman x angus

i aslo like:
beefmaster x hereford
beefmaster x simmental
beefmaster x charolais

hereford x brangus
brahman x anything
I like those crosses too.Cross the Red Brahman mom ma cow with any of the red bulls(so many) will sure make some beautiful replacement heifers or a show calf.For me the brahma cow works best vs the brahma bull doing a cross.

For me the brahma cow works best vs the brahma bull doing a cross.
I agree. Can,t beat a brahman cow for mothering ability.
I like Braford F1,s with an angus bull for terminal calves. Key word being terminal. :lol: But the feedlots really like a char. cross on them too.

novatech":1fjfxme7 said:
For me the brahma cow works best vs the brahma bull doing a cross.
I agree. Can,t beat a brahman cow for mothering ability.
I like Braford F1,s with an angus bull for terminal calves. Key word being terminal. :lol: But the feedlots really like a char. cross on them too.
Yes it seems the feedlots really would like to have some of that Char in the calves. Looks like Char are back on the rise again?

THG

For cows I go mainly purebred. Murray Grey, Square Meater, Shaver, Shorthorn.
Keren
What is a Square Meater & a Shaver are those slang down under terms, or a actual breed? I have never heard of before?
Enlighten Me.

Over the years I have gotten the best results with my Chiangus and Chiangus x Hereford(Kind of a super baldy).
They make excellent momma cows and the calves perform and sell well in our area.

I am seeing more and more CharXAngus cattle in my part of the country. But, also, I see a vast number of Black Baldy cattle as well. Both breeds mated together make for a great cross without a doubt. I just think that maybe the CharXAngus cross makes a thicker animal.

THG

I see that a lot of you all breed Shorthorns. Well, what do the most of you cross that with, a Black Angus?

THG

THG":2dkozkdl said:
I see that a lot of you all breed Shorthorns. Well, what do the most of you cross that with, a Black Angus?

THG

Gelbvieh, great growth. Outstanding thickness.

3waycross":yosozaqi said:
THG":yosozaqi said:

THG

Gelbvieh, great growth. Outstanding thickness.
I see, I have never tried out a Gelbvieh bull, just Chars and Angus bulls and also Hereford bulls. Now, what hide color are the calves when born, like a roan?

THG

Latest posts