Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Maine Anjou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorthorn

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Simmental

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
texas bred and dun just confused the hail out of me i already have enough trouble using the apple 1980s computer i guess i will go back to pony express

bishopcattleco":1yql580u said:
texas bred and dun just confused the hail out of me i already have enough trouble using the apple 1980s computer i guess i will go back to pony express
The Brahman breed was developed in the United States from multiple Bos Indicus breeds. All Brahman are Bos Indicus but not all Bos Indicus are Brahmans

All I can say is , There are alot more Hereford people than I though there were for the Favor they show...

I know there are still some very large Herefords herds out west, but I can not beleive that there are near as many as there were 50 years ago...

From the salebarn in ok., ark., and tennessee that I visit from time to time in the last few years, you hardly see hereford cattle, unless it is mixed with Angus..

They do seem to still be around the shows rings though....

Santas and Duhram Reds":37kc85pj said:
not sure of this but I think most hereford breeders are located in missouri. I reserve the right to be wrong.
Looking through Hereford World I thought the were mostly in NE and the dakotas

I haven't looked through Hereford World. I am only basing that on something a Hereford breeder told me a few years back. There was some sort of statistic Missouri was the leader in. May be it was polled Hereford. I don't remember for certain and who knows if he knew what he was talking about.

bishopcattleco":8aq6kevk said:

Well don't overload your circuits. Perhaps next time say "American Brahman" . ;-)

texas bred u dont have to say american brahman because the name was made in texas.u dont say im going to buy a aberdeen angus either .america is the birthplace 0f brahman cattle.texas bred and dun r like my neighbor calls and tells me my bull got in with my heifers when i let the bull in there 2 weeks ago.child please

Santas and Duhram Reds":2bbpbizm said:
sorry Texasbred, I agree that saying American Brahman in the states is not necessary and a bit ridiculous. If you didn't know, you didn't know. No shame.
I'm not stupid and have a working knowledge of the development of brahman cattle in the US.....and I think adding "American" is rediculous too Santas....it's an accepted fact they are Ameican. (Do the Aussies call theirs American or Aussi)? Just as the American Quarter Horse is only called "Quarter Horse" most of the time. Fact remains the brahman was developed from several breeds that originated in India.Even the name is "Indian", brahman being the top level of the Indian caste system. It just happened to happen in the USA.

texasperate bre

texas bred how long did it take u to look that information up . i read the book the american brahman when i was 10 . making the brahman breed didnt just happen.it was quite an adventure alot of heartache . but once he got home with those cattle and started to breed ,can u imagine how much fun he had making that breed .the breed made specifically for the south .without this breed there wouldnt be the cattle numbers there r today .think about it beefmasters gerts especially brangus braford .i am sure austrailia imported there stock from america .if it is a brahman its background surely came from america .im not sure on that. anyway thanks duhram reds for trying to help. im sorry for causing problems.

bishopcattleco":2pnn6iqm said:
texasperate bre

texas bred how long did it take u to look that information up . i read the book the american brahman when i was 10 . making the brahman breed didnt just happen.it was quite an adventure alot of heartache . but once he got home with those cattle and started to breed ,can u imagine how much fun he had making that breed .the breed made specifically for the south .without this breed there wouldnt be the cattle numbers there r today .think about it beefmasters gerts especially brangus braford .i am sure austrailia imported there stock from america .if it is a brahman its background surely came from america .im not sure on that. anyway thanks duhram reds for trying to help. im sorry for causing problems.
bishop....I didnt' have to look it up.I'm not much of a googler... I too have known it for ages. And absolutely it takes generations for the final product to culminate. I don't own brahman but I do have brangus so I'm fully aware of the brahman influence and I live in the south so I know the benefits of the brahman influence.

Well I can not believe that so many people think hereford their fav. breed....2 to 1 over angus, wonder how many of those hereford voter do not own herefords??????

alftn":3jqgdluo said:
Well I can not believe that so many people think hereford their fav. breed....2 to 1 over angus, wonder how many of those hereford voter do not own herefords??????
Who cares if they own them? It's their favorite breed, that is what the poll is about.