Bright Raven

Reaction score
Ronnie: Bought her from Fire Sweep
This is her 4th calf
Due 9/3/2018
DOB 8/29/2018
Bull Calf
Sired by W/C Lock & Load 1143Y
Delivered without any assistance. He was just born so no birthweight yet.

2iuq4nr.jpg

66itdv.jpg

24njjnd.jpg

W/C Lock & Load 1143Y
vmyrgi.jpg

Nice! We'll need plenty of updates on this calf as he progresses

Putangitangi":33lly9ji said:
Why do you call her Fat Girl?

In the "Batter Up" thread yesterday, she earned the label of being fat. It is common practice to playfully refer to your cows as "girls". Thus, Fat Girl.

She's built like my Steamroller, may she rest in peace, & came by that name honestly. None of the cows messed with Roller because she would take 'em out - in slow motion. Fat as she was, prolific, calved like clockwork, perfect bag & disposition. Neighbor came over one day & asked when she was due. Ummm, her calf was 2 months old. :hide: Roller ended up with terminal foot rot & a claw foot - sold her after she stepped on the head of her last newborn calf. I still have some fatties but nothing like Roller. Good luck with your girl in the long run but may I suggest a diet or, worst case scenario, trailer?

That should be a good calf as stout as the cow is. I `ve wondered if that bull isn`t under used even though his brother is so popular even at $100 a straw. Congratulations on the calf.

sim.-ang.king":71jpvhvp said:
nice looking pair, but that bag leaves much to be desired.

Thank you. I got some better, some worse. I am culling one this fall because of udder condition.

Bright Raven":20mr8jhb said:
sim.-ang.king":20mr8jhb said:

Thank you. I got some better, some worse. I am culling one this fall because of udder condition.

I'm always glad when someone culls defects or imperfections from their herd, it's better for beef as a whole when they do. It's a hard thing to do, and cost a good bit when you do, but it pays in the long run.

sim.-ang.king":2ameeeyx said:
Bright Raven":2ameeeyx said:
sim.-ang.king":2ameeeyx said:

I'm always glad when someone culls defects or imperfections from their herd, it's better for beef as a whole when they do. It's a hard thing to do, and cost a good bit when you do, but it pays in the long run.

It's elementary my dear fellow.

Latest posts