Fast Food Workers Rant

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":31zv8i6n said:
callmefence":31zv8i6n said:
Something similar happened to me.
I sat in the emergency room of metroplex hospital in Killeen Texas for three hours in unbelievable pain with a kidney stone. I finally passed it in the public restroom. Instant relief..just as I was getting my wife and leaving. They called my name...no thanks I've been here so long I've healed myself....... never went back....oh and they sent me a bill.

You shouldn't have been billed, that's absurd. Did it get resolved? Triage-wise a kidney stone is very low priority. That being said, some ER's are very slow and it's frustrating, but without knowing what's going on out back it's hard to say why the long wait. Multiple factors include lack of beds b/c they were busy, lack of beds b/c they were trying to admit someone (I've been that guy holding up the ER waiting to get admitted), multiple traumas, crappy ER team.

You forgot one of the biggest causes of delays in ERs BOW, the incredible number of people who use the ER for non emergent care....you know, my kid has a fever and I never gave Tylenol or Motrin, I have a splinter, I have a cold, my butt hurts, I can't sleep...i could make a never-ending list here, but you get the point. These folks get furious when they aren't seen immediately...sorry there's chest pains, TIAs, overdoses, resp distress, motor vehicle accidents, hot appys, and the like being treated ahead of your cough and cold. They bog the entire system down, delaying care for those who truly need it sooner. It's pandemic in ERs nationwide.

Btw, someone comes in with kidney stone symptoms, I get them back as fast as possible! Had my first one last year, and that is some intense pain that needs relief pretty quick. Had a 4mm stone that had me puking, sweating and dancing in pain. So, my empathy goes a looong way there.

Bestoutwest":zeruriim said:
callmefence":zeruriim said:
I sat in the emergency room of metroplex hospital in Killeen Texas for three hours in unbelievable pain with a kidney stone. I finally passed it in the public restroom. Instant relief..just as I was getting my wife and leaving. They called my name...no thanks I've been here so long I've healed myself....... never went back....oh and they sent me a bill.

You shouldn't have been billed, that's absurd. Did it get resolved? Triage-wise a kidney stone is very low priority. That being said, some ER's are very slow and it's frustrating, but without knowing what's going on out back it's hard to say why the long wait. Multiple factors include lack of beds b/c they were busy, lack of beds b/c they were trying to admit someone (I've been that guy holding up the ER waiting to get admitted), multiple traumas, crappy ER team.

I was billed for the check in. They took my blood pressure, temp etc. I IRC it was about 500.00.
My wife reminds me there was a morphine dose on the bill. I assume that a doctor ordered me some pain relief that was never delivered. She disputed the bill and won.

callmefence":23enfcr5 said:
I've never worked fast-food or any food service business. Nor has any of my family. My wife used to manage a BBQ place. I have no dog in this fight.

Anybody who puts down another person for working in this day in age ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Some of you folks just showed what little men you must be.
BS. They take the job they need to do the job. If they were working this thread wouldn't have been made. They were up there to get a check.
How long would you keep them on your fence crew not working, trying, or caring?
And as far as fast food places I won't step in one in the part of the country I live in.
Nasty, filthy, awful places.

bball":ddah40vl said:
Bestoutwest":ddah40vl said:
callmefence":ddah40vl said:

You forgot one of the biggest causes of delays in ERs BOW, the incredible number of people who use the ER for non emergent care....you know, my kid has a fever and I never gave Tylenol or Motrin, I have a splinter, I have a cold, my butt hurts, I can't sleep...i could make a never-ending list here, but you get the point. These folks get furious when they aren't seen immediately...sorry there's chest pains, TIAs, overdoses, resp distress, motor vehicle accidents, hot appys, and the like being treated ahead of your cough and cold. They bog the entire system down, delaying care for those who truly need it sooner. It's pandemic in ERs nationwide.

Btw, someone comes in with kidney stone symptoms, I get them back as fast as possible! Had my first one last year, and that is some intense pain that needs relief pretty quick. Had a 4mm stone that had me puking, sweating and dancing in pain. So, my empathy goes a looong way there.

It's something l never need to experience. The passing it part has got to be awful, partly because of the anticipation.

callmefence":33xa3zao said:
I've never worked fast-food or any food service business. Nor has any of my family. My wife used to manage a BBQ place. I have no dog in this fight.

Anybody who puts down another person for working in this day in age ought to be ashamed of themselves.
I have , and had a bunch of frat rats come in every saturday night , after the bars closed, denigrating me and my coworkers , because we worked there if for no other reason . I had just got out of the military , and was going to school , and basically needed beer money . You should have seen their faces when I had my cupful, and hopped the counter! Not a one took me up on my offer . It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

jedstivers":xh2z6jst said:
callmefence":xh2z6jst said:

BS. They take the job they need to do the job. If they were working this thread wouldn't have been made. They were up there to get a check.
And as far as fast food places I won't step in one in the part of the country I live in.

I didn't say anything about individuals not doing their job. I said something about putting someone down for where they work. Which is where this thread was headed. Fire the sob that didn't give waco his dipping sauce.. :roll: I could care less. I've never worked fast-food.
But if my family needed it I would build fence all day and flip burgers all night.

callmefence":3o1hnlfq said:
jedstivers":3o1hnlfq said:
callmefence":3o1hnlfq said:

I didn't say anything about individuals not doing their job. I said something about putting someone down for where they work. Which is where this thread was headed. Fire the sob that didn't give waco his dipping sauce.. :roll: I could care less. I've never worked fast-food.
But if my family needed it I would build fence all day and flip burgers all night.
Well the thread started about them not doing their job. You got on them saying they were putting someone down for having a job while in reality they were putting them down for being useless.
I'll never but someone down for having any kind of job. However if they have that job they better do it to 100% of ability. Most however don't.

jedstivers":put8y6dd said:
callmefence":put8y6dd said:
jedstivers":put8y6dd said:

Well the thread started about them not doing their job. You got on them saying they were putting someone down for having a job while in reality they were putting them down for being useless.
I'll never but someone down for having any kind of job. However if they have that job they better do it to 100% of ability. Most however don't.

You might wanna read all the post between the first and mine.
Maybe you never make mistakes.
Most people do. I know I do and when I do I do my best to fix them and move on. As serious as dipping sauce is, I'm sure the matter could have been resolved... :D

callmefence":1plkt1il said:
jedstivers":1plkt1il said:
callmefence":1plkt1il said:

Most people do. I know I do and when I do I do my best to fix them and move on. As serious as dipping sauce is, I'm sure the matter could have been resolved... :D
I did read every post in order.
I said nothing about mistakes. I said 100%.
For some people 100% isn't much but I'd much rather have them than one giving 40 or even 80.
Even if the 100 percenter didn't come to the level of the other one giving much less.
Not everyone is equal but everyone can give all they have. Doesn't happen often and that's your fast food workers. And a lot more but I really don't want to start a lost.

jedstivers":2ebmimsv said:
callmefence":2ebmimsv said:
jedstivers":2ebmimsv said:

I did read every post in order.
I said nothing about mistakes. I said 100%.
For some people 100% isn't much but I'd much rather have them than one giving 40 or even 80.
Even if the 100 percenter didn't come to the level of the other one giving much less.
Not everyone is equal but everyone can give all they have. Doesn't happen often and that's your fast food workers. And a lot more but I really don't want to start a lost.

Goodnight jed

Moral of the story: don't get between a man and his.....dipping sauce?
I think John Wayne said that, right? Or Wild Bill Hickok? Daniel Boone? Pat Boone? Help me out here... :)

callmefence":m0b0z6mi said:

I ain't putting no one down for working I am putting them down cause they can't get a simple order right. The order is right there on a screen by the window all you got to do is read it. If I half a$$ taught a nurse cpr or if you half a$$ did a fence someone would be upset and put us down. I imagine you like I do take pride in your work and don't let that happen. These people at fast food places should take pride in their work and not let crap happen.

wacocowboy":27z2fax5 said:
callmefence":27z2fax5 said:

I ain't putting no one down for working I am putting them down cause they can't get a simple order right. The order is right there on a screen by the window all you got to do is read it. If I half a$$ taught a nurse cpr or if you half a$$ did a fence someone would be upset and put us down. I imagine you like I do take pride in your work and don't let that happen. These people at fast food places should take pride in their work and not let crap happen.

Hey Waco, I'm not worried about the sauces, but someone better check the sodium on those fries because man, you sure are salty! :hide: :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist :oops: ;-)

bball":3h6bg2be said:
wacocowboy":3h6bg2be said:
callmefence":3h6bg2be said:

Hey Waco, I'm not worried about the sauces, but someone better check the sodium on those fries because man, you sure are salty! :hide: :D

Lol I wasn't meaning to be salty. I like a lot of Fence's post. I was just stating I think people should do a good job no matter where they work. I put pride in my work and I just expect the same from others especially when I am doing business with them. I do apologize if I came off salty not my intent.

No need to apologize I can take it :D

wacocowboy":2a3a0eid said:
bball":2a3a0eid said:
wacocowboy":2a3a0eid said:

Lol I wasn't meaning to be salty. I like a lot of Fence's post. I was just stating I think people should do a good job no matter where they work. I put pride in my work and I just expect the same from others especially when I am doing business with them. I do apologize if I came off salty not my intent.

No, you weren't really salty. I took the low road opportunity to squeeze in some humor(at least to me) thanks for being a good sport!

bball":6x383vtr said:
wacocowboy":6x383vtr said:
bball":6x383vtr said:

No, you weren't really salty. I took the low road opportunity to squeeze in some humor(at least to me) thanks for being a good sport!

Cool. I am pretty easy going glad I could give you some chuckles :lol2:

boondocks":10fo3351 said:
I think John Wayne said that, right? Or Wild Bill Hickok? Daniel Boone? Pat Boone? Help me out here... :)

I'm pretty sure it was Clint Eastwood

" Feel lucky punk , forget my dipping sauce. "

wacocowboy":2fgvru1k said:
bball":2fgvru1k said:
wacocowboy":2fgvru1k said:

Waco the ash tray, center console and any other suitable spot is supposed to be stuffed full of those "condiments" not used from previous visits to fast food joints. Might even have a few tooth picks stuffed in the visor. :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":2iveogok said:
Waco the ash tray, center console and any other suitable spot is supposed to be stuffed full of those "condiments" not used from previous visits to fast food joints. Might even have a few tooth picks stuffed in the visor. :lol2: :hide:

That makes me laugh because when I had a desk job my top right desk drawer was pretty much dedicated to condiment packets.

callmefence":696peicc said:
boondocks":696peicc said:

I'm pretty sure it was Clint Eastwood

" Feel lucky punk , forget my dipping sauce. "
No it was this guy, "Don't need no stinkin dippin sauce."
Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

Latest posts